Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
SuperModerator
1986/1990 W126
17,675 Posts
Doesnt Mclare have one of those in the for sale section?

·
Registered
1989 560SEC 'Artic White'
37 Posts
Just check out some of the junkyards near you...I'm sure the seat belt extenders are rarely taken off of them.

Ben

·
Premium Member
2012 CL550 4MATIC Coupe - RIP
10,014 Posts
Just check out some of the junkyards near you...I'm sure the seat belt extenders are rarely taken off of them.

Ben
I used to think the same many years ago. But if one thing about crawling the yards every week for the last two years, is that those are one of the first things to be stripped from coupes. Any coupes that have them. To find them is a rare treat and I picked up my sets during the heyday of C4C. As Teutone can attest, they are rare and were very plentiful back then.

And yes, I have two sets of them still available.

·
Premium Member
10,014 Posts
Gary - I also just noticed that you have a 91 SEC as do I. The seatbelt presenters come in two different "Gen's". But they are at different break years. All Gen I's and early Gen II's used the first kind. From 89 and up (Basically if you have a pass side AB) it uses a different relay with a completely different pin set. The motors and arms are the same, but the relay and that wiring is completely different.

When I was rebuilding my car I needed them as they were completely missing. Dragi said I could take them off the '86 since it was Gen II. However when I pulled them, they turned out to have a different relay and wiring. So I had to go on the hunt on the net for the right set.

Just so you know what to look for.

·
Premium Member
10,014 Posts
When you say "The whole thing" What do you mean? The plastic arm? Is the motor and relay still good?

·
Registered
1985 300SD 1988 560SEC 822 1976 450SEL 1981 300SD
1,079 Posts
FWIW, to reduce wear and tear on this piece, I just use the same technique I use on everything I drive...I buckle up before turning the key...

·
Registered
1991 560 SEC
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
everything works. just the tip broke off the extender part. the bride vacuumed up the broken piece. so i can't glue it back on.

·
Premium Member
10,014 Posts
You couldn't glue it anyways. It would not hold.

I have two arms you can use for parts Gary.

·
Registered
1991 560 SEC
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i tried to remove the black arm but couldn't. not welded but might as well be, they seem to be permantely crimped in there. how do you remove the black arm?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts