Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

I have a 1972 220D which needs a rubber support for the engine shut-off cable. Sorry for the vague description but this is a part in the engine compartment which holds the cable in place.The rubber has rotted and as a result the engine will not shut off when the stater knob is pushed forward. Where can I get this part? Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Shaun,

the part is there in your pdf of the injection pump. Part # 95 in the diagram --- -A 621 070 17 40 Bracket.

Thanks! Now I need to find where I can get the part. It appears that the rubber part is already attached to the metal bracket which in turn is attached to the rear of the pump. Thanks Again!!!

Mike.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Hello,

I have a 1972 220D which needs a rubber support for the engine shut-off cable. Sorry for the vague description but this is a part in the engine compartment which holds the cable in place.The rubber has rotted and as a result the engine will not shut off when the stater knob is pushed forward. Where can I get this part? Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike.
dealer, though a bit more, they give better parts, plus they can answer the question so you don't have to wait for a response on here.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to all who helped. well after a bit of research it became clear that this part was going to cost somewhere around 80 Euro! So I decided to go to my '72 220D parts car (store away from my house) and remove the part. Fortunately it is in great shape and is useable so problem solved ----- on to the next.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts