Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I have a w203 C200 Kompressor and currently I have the bosch aero flat wiper blades, which I believe are the bosch ICON blades in the US. However, I have noticed that the passenger blade, even though the right size doesn't fit properly and actually goes over the plastic at the bottom of the screen a little. I would happily just go to mercedes and get new blades but they are charging $150, which just isn't going to happen lol

What are you guys using and can you recommend anything.

Cheers,
Aleks

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Unfortunately, if you have the factory aero blades, that's what you need to replace with. The connection to the wiper arms is different than the old style. They are available at reduced cost from AutoHausAZ and other Internet vendors. There may even be an Australian MB parts online retailer, to save on shipping.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Wipers

OEM wipers from the dealership are $40 each here in Canada. I believe they are SWF brand. 22" length each side on my 2006 C280.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I was unable to find aftermarket blades that worked, so bought OEM from the dealer. They were $50 out the door.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bit of a miss-understanding here lol I have the bosch icon blades, I didn't use to have the flat blades, the connector is the hook not the pin like the new merc's. Yeah see $50 is okish, its expensive, but it is a MERC, $150 is just robbery. Is there a place I can order SWF wiper blades online that ship worldwide.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL I got the right sizes, they just dont fit properly, well the passenger one doesn't, the recommended size is 24 inch (600m) and 22 inch (550m).

·
Registered
254 Posts
I had to use a 24 and and 22 inch for passenger side. I got the rainX brand for $45.00 buck for the set.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The blade is slightly curved, right?
Fix it with the curved side upward.
That is how it is done in my 2002 C200.
Shan.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I ordered refills from Autohausaz. They arrived quickly but were incorrect. Turns out my car does NOT have Bosch, but the Valeo SWF. The refills that came say SWF, but they are not the right shape.

I begin to see why many folks just buy the whole blade...

See the handy video "BOSCH AEROTWIN AERO & VALEO SWF DIFFERENCES FLAT WIPER RUBBER REFILLS "
and the same guy posted a "how to change" which is the only one with real close-ups (amazing how many sillies post instructions and videos useless due to tiny pictures or zoomed way out)

·
Registered
261 Posts
Since it hasn't rained in years in California; and the El Nino storm is hitting us right now, had to change out my wiper blades. First time I changed out my blades since I bought the car back in 2005. Interesting note: The technician behind the counter at the dealership asked me for my VIN number as I gave him the information on my car. Didn't know why, so I grabbed my DMV vehicle registration and showed him. I asked him why and he said there were two types of wipers for your particular car ( 2005 C230 Sport Kompressor ). He said the brackets were a little different. Anybody knows this ? Anyways. I got the right wiper blades for my car for both driver and passenger sides. Also, it has this little indicator of when you change out your blades. Once it turns yellow, it's time to change them. Pretty interesting. Here are pics.

Attachments

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
18,690 Posts
I think they may have started using the bracket from the W209 in later builds. It has a trapezoidal-shaped pivoting connection on the arm instead of the hook shape.

·
Registered
129 Posts
My 2006 has the trapezoidal-shaped pivoting connection on the arm instead of the hook shape.

I find it interesting that a CA car (even NoCA) could get a decade out of wiper blades. The factory blades lasted about 5 years for me. So long that I was starting to wonder if they were magic or something. After that I've been using Valeo and been getting good wipes but shorter life... sometimes as short as 2 years. In SoCal we generally get little rain but the sun and heat eats up the rubber.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I find it interesting that a CA car (even NoCA) could get a decade out of wiper blades. The factory blades lasted about 5 years for me. So long that I was starting to wonder if they were magic or something. After that I've been using Valeo and been getting good wipes but shorter life... sometimes as short as 2 years. In SoCal we generally get little rain but the sun and heat eats up the rubber.
I find it shocking as well Brian. But they lasted for that long of a time. My vehicles are all garaged at home; as well as at work. I would think since I live in NorCal that I would have to change them frequently as well. Every time it rained, the wipers just worked well with no skipping. I usually keep my windshield pretty spot less and cleaned (interior and exterior) on the weekly though. Maybe that's why my wipers never skipped. I just bought the wipers out of choice, and not demand.

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
18,690 Posts
The environment is the enemy of rubber. Time, temperature/humidity fluctuations, as well as dirt on the glass is what kills the blades. Keeping the glass very clean and in a moderate climate like No. California is likely what made these last so long.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I went through blades at six-month intervals on my W203, but there's no doubt in my mind that it was environmental. I don't have a garage, so the car was outside more than not and subject to harsh winters and hot summers. Benz blades are the best, though. I'm waiting to see what sort of life I get out of the ones on my C300.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
13 Participants
ms_irreverent
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing