Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1973 450SL
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will need a drivers side outside mirror for our 107...
anybody have one on something their parting out or just sitting on a shelf or in a box???
it was so nice on Friday i thought(that is where my problem started) to take the 107 for an early evening drive to the store for a few things...as i open the drivers door i hear a thud and find my outside mirror hanging on by the adjuster... some f***wit took the time to walk to the end of the parking lot where we parked to prevent this from happening and broke the damn thing off... 5 minutes...i just can't believe this shit...

anyway...rant done..now on the fixing the problem...
please let me know if you have anything.... Don

·
Registered
1980 450SL & 1988 560SL
1,667 Posts
I have one you can have that has NO mirror, if you want it. Looks good from the front. Leaving to go to the lake for a week on Monday morning.

·
Registered
1987 560sl
67 Posts
Well there are some jealous folks out there that will ruin a nice looking car. Especially a nice Mercedes.

When I had a Mercedes with a mounted star I seriously wanted to install a guillotine where the mounted star was. 9 out of 10 times if I parked it on the street it would get adjusted (and I live in a rich area of NYC). Probably would have been stolen if I lived in a less desirable area.

Sorry to hear about your lost.

·
Registered
'09 E350 4-matic sport, '83 240D 4-speed (sold), '77/'78 450SLC (junked), '81 500SLC (junked)
845 Posts
Yeah, I have a few mirrors these days... : )

Pics in the parts thread...

·
Registered
1973 450SL
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thanx everyone...
i am sure i'll find one with all the help..
just makes me want to smack the a-hole that did it..just can't have anything nice without some jerk wanting to damage it just because YOU have it and not them...

ChuangTzu...will keep you in mind, am waiting to hear from Narcar Fan about his...
Nascar Fan...does your have the small triangle part for the inside??
i snapped the corner off ours trying to remove....
thanx again....Don

·
Registered
1980 450SL & 1988 560SL
1,667 Posts
[
Nascar Fan...does your have the small triangle part for the inside??
i snapped the corner off ours trying to remove....
thanx again....Don[/QUOTE]

I will have to look. I removed it long ago.

·
Registered
1980 450SL & 1988 560SL
1,667 Posts
Nascar Fan...did you get the PM?
Yes, I replied I would post pics to confirm this is what you need. If you will PM address I will get it too you. I will look for the little plastic part and send it, but don't get your hopes up on that part.
Now the problem, I know you are in a hurry and I leave in the early AM for a week of fishing, drinking, 4-wheeler riding, more drinking, setting around the camp fire while drinking all in the middle of no-where. I have no way to get it in the mail before I leave. I'll be pulling that 5th wheel and can't just whip into a post office. Send shipping info and I will box it and carry it with me and if I pass a small post office on the road and can stop, will do that. You can get me the shipping fund sometime later.

·
Registered
1973 450SL
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
would like to thank Nascar Fan for sending the mirror...you the man....

however i must chalk this up to my stupidity as i did not pay close enough attention to know that there are different size mirrors on the 107...
mine is the smaller euro style...

SO i am going to offer this up to anyone that is in need..
it is a good looking mirror(minus glass) and replacing the glass portion should be easy if you have..
just e-mail your address and i'll send as Nascar Fan did for me...

thanx again NF......Don

·
Registered
1988 SL560, 1989 560 SEL
516 Posts
Unfortunately Bennz owners are likely to become more victum of this class eny shit that's beieng promoted today.

·
Registered
1988 SL560, 1989 560 SEL
516 Posts
Another mirror ?

On my 560 the passenger door mirror is electric motor driven and the gear appears striped. It will move in one direction only. Has any one dealt with this and are parts availalbe or do I have to buy a whole mirror? Why is driver side manual and passenger electric?

·
Registered
1973 450SL
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
its fixed

well a very big thanx goes out to Rowdie for the help with the mirror.

spent last night and this am putting parts together, painting and installing the replacement mirror.

much better to be able to see who i've pasted....

now if i could only get rid of the nasty dent the peckerhead left...
and i can not seem to upload a pic...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts