Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need a interior peice the surronds the ashtray compartment... does anyone have one, or could anyone point me in the right direction to get one other than junk yard? any help is greatly appreciated!!

Also i need a few body plastic peices, that are about at your shins before you open your door, i have no idea what they are called,and i need to find some that are a charcoalish grey, that came on the black 190's do these parts have a name? any help with this is also greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
467 Posts
Hello Black-benz, welcome to the forum. It may help us, to help you, if you told us what part of the world you are in.

Let us know, and we will see what we can do.

[:)]

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol sorry im in the United States east coast. im used to posting in Honda forums, and no one is usually from out of the US, again i appologize

·
Registered
467 Posts
No problem at all Black_benz, and no need to apologise. When you say "interior peice the surronds the ashtray compartment" are you referring to the wood trim or plastic area? (I suppose if it is missing you may not know, if that is the case are you able to post a picture of this area of your car).

[:)]

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the peice is a wood peice ive seen it before although have no idea of where to buy one except dealer, but thats not the best route in this case considering its probably atleast a 200$ wood peice frmo teh dealer, and do you know what im talkin about with the body panel? its plastic and its the first thing u would kick if u were to kick the car lol i just need a name of the peices.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi black-benz,
I have the whole ashtray along with the wood piece that surrounds the ashtray door. The trim piece looks as though it is stapled on to the plastic ashtray housing. I'm not sure that I would want to remove the trim in fear of breaking it. The wood faces have no cracks or chips, just need a general cleaning. Let me know if you are interested at: [email protected]

Good luck.
Rick

·
Registered
182 Posts
this very delicate trim piece on my car was all scratched up when i bought my car. So after looking in several junk yards and not being able to find a replacement piece. What i did was wrapped it in black leather and used very small screws to attach it to the plastic housing. Now the it actually looks better the leather blends in nicely with the blackness of the center console. Later i found a 190e in a junk yard that had just arrived from an accident. No one had touched it yet. I was able to get ALL the trim pieces off of it. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
mykg4orce
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing