Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1975 450SLC
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased silver 450 SLC with just under 100K miles. This is my first classic car as well as my first Mercedes. I really like it so far and am looking forward to improving its looks.

I have a need to redo the leather and Dash.

I was thinking of purchasing a Dash pad cover from ADSIT and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them? A replacement Dash is just too pricey for me.

I tried getting a local upholstery place to give me a price to redo the interior but nobody seems to be interested. I found some places on the web such as the ADSIT Company (http://www.adsitco.com) who have seat upholstery but it is a bit more than I am willing to spend right now especially if I am not sure if I could redo it myself.

I take any suggestions/advice for other places in Connecticut that I could get the seats re-upholstered or any thoughts as to how hard a job it is to do it myself. By the way I will probably need to replace a bunch of the springs because the seats are kind of soft as well.

Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
1975 450SLC
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Not that I have gotten any responces but I found another company (HMI International) that has MB interiors and am wondering if anyone has any input on them. Here is there Link:

http://www.galaxymall.com/auto/mercedes/index.html

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Try using the search feature for seat replacement and you will get a lot of hits including cheaper options than Adsit.

I used them one time and had a price problem that they would not resolve so I won't go back. They advertised one price, charged me another, and then would not refund the overcharge.

·
Registered
1975 450SLC
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the suggestions. I did some additional searching and found some interesting companies but nothing more cost effective than HMI International. I think I am going to give them a try. I will post some information about their quality in a few weeks after I get the new leather.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts