Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1999 CLK-320
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few nights while driving on the highway - cars behind me flash their lights - i always think my taillights are out or something - but then i pull over..they are fine..later on, my girl tells me when she was driving behind me - it looks as if i am riding my break - i cannot recreate this problem - the brake lights only go on when i depress the pedal - from what i can see - so i want to know, is there any brake lights issues i should know about - anyone else go through this - any input would be greatly appreciated - otherwise i have to go to Mercedes - and i don't really want to spend the $$ if its not neccessary - thanks - miKe

·
Registered
CLK 430 Conv
4 Posts
Headlight knob - pulled out too far - rear fog light

If you pull the head light knob out once, you'll turn on the front fog lights. If you pull it out one more notch, you turn on the rear fog light. That's what that other rear light is. In heavy fog, other cars can see you with that rear fog light on.

Eddie

·
Registered
1999 CLK-320
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes i am familar with that ... my european fog light was not on - i am thinking the ligh...

Yes i am familar with that ... my european fog light was not on - i am thinking the lights may be shorting out..i have a lamp defective warning on my das..but i thought it wwas for my trunk light, which is burnt out..ANy further thoughts?

·
Registered
CLK 430 Conv
4 Posts
Sounds like either the dealer would be able to spot it with their computer OR if you go to...

Sounds like either the dealer would be able to spot it with their computer OR if you go to a reputable auto electrical shop in your area, they should find it pretty quickly. I haven't had any brake light issues thus far and I have 30K miles on the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts