Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going ahead to start research for a project that I'm planning down the road. 18 months maybe. I am going to transplant an 2004 S600 motor into the E500. I'm already thinking of using an W211 E55 tranny. But, I have yet to check the compatiblity of these. I'm looking for ideas and data, e.g. (use of same blocks, motor mounts and the likes). Criticism is not necessary. Just factual info I can store for the time being. Thanks, X

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
I'm going ahead to start research for a project that I'm planning down the road. 18 months maybe. I am going to transplant an 2004 S600 motor into the E500. I'm already thinking of using an W211 E55 tranny. But, I have yet to check the compatiblity of these. I'm looking for ideas and data, e.g. (use of same blocks, motor mounts and the likes). Criticism is not necessary. Just factual info I can store for the time being. Thanks, X
Check out Brabus..as they offer the W211 with a 12 in it

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just checked that out. Thanks, I was hoping to do something original but oh well. I'm still going to proceed it will be easier to get info now that it has been done. The possibilities are endless with a V12 TT. Maybe when its time to swap I can find a AMG 65 motor. ? Thanks for the heads up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts