Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone out there have the large roof cargo carrier for their E320 Wagon? My wife would like to buy one for hers, but we would like to get some feedback from other owners. As we are a family of six, with a little one on the way, extra storage room is becoming nonexistant! If anyone out there has one, just how big is it and what are your opinions about it. Ours will probably stay on the car at all times.

She loves her wagon and does not want to sell it. This is her last ditch effort to make this car work for our family. We all enjoy being in the wagon and hope the cargo carrier will solve some of our space issues. I am trying to talk her into letting me sell my mini-van for a Sprinter, but she says she wouldn't be caught dead in one. The Sprinter would definitely solve our storage problems and keep her in a MB when she isn't in hers.

Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
'07 GL320CDI
5,106 Posts
You're going to have to have crossbars to mount a box, and I'd recommend Thule.

You can visit Thule's Website--or better yet a sporting goods store--to see their myriad of boxes. They have several different sizes.

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
36,354 Posts
I am using my wagon for work and occasionally am carrying lumber on the roof.
The factory bars are hard to use, so most of the time I am using Thule bars. In my neighborhood there is "Sport Racks" store with huge selection of bars, mounts and boxes.
I would think about roof carrier as last resort. It will cost lot of noise and economy will drop.
Than having ML we choose the wagon for our vacations because of much better ride. Even with our friend visiting we utilized the space between rear seats and under the legs so didn't need roof for luggage. That worked till "I hit big in Las Vegas". Here is our friend squeezed with the trophy.

Attachments

·
Registered
'10 E550 & '10 GL450
52 Posts
benzenvy said:
Does anyone out there have the large roof cargo carrier for their E320 Wagon? My wife would like to buy one for hers, but we would like to get some feedback from other owners. As we are a family of six, with a little one on the way, extra storage room is becoming nonexistant! If anyone out there has one, just how big is it and what are your opinions about it. Ours will probably stay on the car at all times.

She loves her wagon and does not want to sell it. This is her last ditch effort to make this car work for our family. We all enjoy being in the wagon and hope the cargo carrier will solve some of our space issues. I am trying to talk her into letting me sell my mini-van for a Sprinter, but she says she wouldn't be caught dead in one. The Sprinter would definitely solve our storage problems and keep her in a MB when she isn't in hers.

Thanks for your time.
This should sovle your problem if you are willing to spend the money and if this is the correct year for your vehicle. You didn't state what year it was in your question.

MB E-Class Basic Carrier (Wagon)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts