Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i recently bought my wife a gl550 and we had it washed for the first time today. we live in the wash. dc area, so living in an apartment with a parking garage limits my abilities to wash it myself. anyhow, the people that washed it sprayed something on the wheels to clean them, and it got all over the running boards on the truck. the running boards now look almost white, they are so badly spotted.

are these running boards just exposed aluminum or stainless steel?? if so, and if the dealer wont warranty them out, how do i clean these spots off???

Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
'07 GL320CDI
5,110 Posts
i recently bought my wife a gl550 and we had it washed for the first time today. we live in the wash. dc area, so living in an apartment with a parking garage limits my abilities to wash it myself. anyhow, the people that washed it sprayed something on the wheels to clean them, and it got all over the running boards on the truck. the running boards now look almost white, they are so badly spotted.

are these running boards just exposed aluminum or stainless steel?? if so, and if the dealer wont warranty them out, how do i clean these spots off???

Thanks!!!!
You should get the car wash to fix it.

·
Premium Member
2013 C250
7,273 Posts
Good luck getting the car wash to fix it.

·
Premium Member
2013 C250
7,273 Posts
exactly.

the dealership where i purchased the truck is helping me out a ton. they are going to warranty out the steps if they cant fix them.
Now that makes more sense.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts