Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband has a 2001 S430 that came with a Motorola Timeport phone.

I wanted to upgrade his phone for Christmas and was wondering if Mercedes/Motorola has a newer nicer phone with upgraded features (pictures, text messaging, etc.)

Actually most of all he wants a display on the outside so he can see who's calling before he opens the phone!

Can anyone direct me to a model that would work. Is it as easy as just switching phones and plugging in the new one or would some sort of adaption/reconfiguration be necessary.

Thank you all! Have a very safe and happy holiday season!
Karry

·
Registered
CLK55/G500/E55/ML55/etc.
1,242 Posts
My husband has a 2001 S430 that came with a Motorola Timeport phone.

I wanted to upgrade his phone for Christmas and was wondering if Mercedes/Motorola has a newer nicer phone with upgraded features (pictures, text messaging, etc.)

Actually most of all he wants a display on the outside so he can see who's calling before he opens the phone!

Can anyone direct me to a model that would work. Is it as easy as just switching phones and plugging in the new one or would some sort of adaption/reconfiguration be necessary.

Thank you all! Have a very safe and happy holiday season!
Karry
Hi, you can purchase a whole install kit for the newer V60i phones. It is intended for 2002+ cars but will work fine for the 2001.

-s-

1 - 2 of 2 Posts