Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gents,

bw member Jroth and i had a deal for a set of Penta rims, i should prepare for him. After some trouble with paint jobs and other things i finally managed to get them shipped to him.

Shipping started on oct. 31. and they left Germany on nov. 04. John asked me to look out for the rims and i checked the tracking. Untill today the DHL tracking says "the are shipped to the USA". Sometimes i wonder, if they shipped them with Titanic II :confused:

Last days John contacted me and said, that one parcel arrived and the other one is still missing. The USPS tracking service still says "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment" - but they delivered one parcel !!!! Where ist the other one?

Does anyone know, what to do? Or knows someone, who can help?

Thank you, Guys

Roland

·
Registered
9,487 Posts
Sounds like DHL hasn't shipped the second box yet.

You have PM BTW.

·
Registered
530 Posts
From my experience it means the package was left behind at the facility. Basically someone forgot to put it on the truck/boat/ship.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hi gents,

bw member Jroth and i had a deal for a set of Penta rims, i should prepare for him. After some trouble with paint jobs and other things i finally managed to get them shipped to him.

Shipping started on oct. 31. and they left Germany on nov. 04. John asked me to look out for the rims and i checked the tracking. Untill today the DHL tracking says "the are shipped to the USA". Sometimes i wonder, if they shipped them with Titanic II :confused:

Last days John contacted me and said, that one parcel arrived and the other one is still missing. The USPS tracking service still says "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment" - but they delivered one parcel !!!! Where ist the other one?
Does anyone know, what to do? Or knows someone, who can help?

Thank you, Guys

Roland
Was it insured? File for lost mail claim and get the money.

Sahai

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
also possible it's stuck in customs. This time of year they're bombarded and it's not uncommon for international packages to take a month.

·
9,038 Posts
If it was shipped via economy/boat.... I've found packages take anywhere from 6-8 weeks.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It will be a big loss for me, if they dont find the parcel. The refund DHL pays for oversea shipping is just a third of the real worth of the parcel :( If you want a full insurance, you´ll have to pay 106 Euro extra for each parcel!! I really was surprised, when they told me this today.

At this moment i´ll have to find two other rims for John to get them refurbished. Hopefully he will get them, before he shoots me :D

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I would go with it stuck in customs. People don't realize that most packages are sent right thru so they think it's a non-event They do divert a few.

·
9,038 Posts
OK... so I read the title and thought you shipped via USPS? But it looks like you shipped DHL?

I had an unfortunate problem with DHL a few years ago when they lost one of 2 packages being sent from Texas to Ohio. I ended up losing a Gen II Euro rear bumper and some $$$ that was paid for it. After a month, they finally admitted that its lost and only paid back $100 since the seller/shipper didn't insure the full amount. Made it even worse when the shipper/seller altogether stopped helping :-/

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I shipped with DHL from Germany, but USPS picks it up at the customs und delivers the parcels! Seems, they are not allowed to deliver themselfs.

·
9,038 Posts
next time maybe use FedEx (Trans-o-flex in Germany i believe), they have much better tracking capabilities
Don't know if you tried to ship larger items internationally via FEDEX, but a few years ago I wanted to ship a LCD computer monitor to Europe and the quote was around $700. Nearly as much as if I had bought a roundtrip ticket to personally deliver it:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Don't worry just yet. It propably is just stuck in customs. I bought something a while back from Germany, and it took three weeks to deliver. The time before it was around a week. So you never know.

Give it some time, it'll turn up.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I had issues when I had some wheels shipped from Lithuania, one came then a week later two more came and two weeks after that I got the fourth. It was a scary pain.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts