Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m having the seats of an 2000 E55 AMG I just bought reupholstered. The orthopedic sweat controls do not work. I suspect that the air bladders are shot. Does anyone have experience with repairing these seats?

·
W210 Moderator
99 E320
5,089 Posts
i would suggest isolating the potential cause first: PSU pump > air hose > control module > seat bladders

if you've already confirmed that the seat control (is it really plural?) than perhaps something upstream is ailing, i.e. air hose or PSE pump

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
36,492 Posts
I used old logic to troubleshoot dynamic seats, what I believe is similar technology.
-made a pressure gauge on main tank
-plug out main tubing and make the pump start, observing how fast it fills the tank. Replace pump when needed and go to next step.
-go to 1st Tee on the tubing and open 1 leg only. If pressure leaks, keep going to next Tee and follow the leak.
That should pinpoint the issue.

·
Registered
w163 02 ML500 W210 97 E50Amg w202 99 C230K w124 - need more space, time to build again
2,411 Posts
This may be helpful if all other resources fail -

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses. I’ll troubleshoot the seats using what you all provided. I’ll keep you posted.

Dose anyone have the seat diagram?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks for the responses. I’ll troubleshoot the seats using what you all provided. I’ll keep you posted.

Dose anyone have the seat diagram?
A PDF copy of :

Passenger Car Seats

Design • Function • Care • Complaints

Service Technology Guide

this is a MB Publication

Regards

Joseph~"

See attached PDF file.

Attachments

·
W210 Moderator
99 E320
5,089 Posts
sweeet. thank you. i will add that to the STICKY too

Joseph - does the source contain other MB care related publications which may be of interest to forum members? can you provide a link? thank you - that's is great product info on seats

·
Registered
64 Posts
As I find them, I have been posting on this and other sites. There in no one single site that I have located that has all.

If you review my posting you we see other MB publications that I uploaded.

I have only located five subjects;

7G tronic
9G tronic
Seats
Keys and FOBs
Xentry Kits

Regards

Joseph~

{okay, thanks, Joseph. raymond-}

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update - I pulled the seat backs off and found one of the lines on the drivers side Y connector had come loose. The lines are brittle and almost black at the connector. I also disconnected and reconnected the battery under the back seat. The pump now kicks on. The passenger side seems to work but the drivers side does not. I haven’t had time to continue to troubleshot the problem since I had the car scheduled to be reupholstered. I’ll check the bags and connectors once the seats are out.

·
Registered
w163 02 ML500 W210 97 E50Amg w202 99 C230K w124 - need more space, time to build again
2,411 Posts
Update - I pulled the seat backs off and found one of the lines on the drivers side Y connector had come loose. The lines are brittle and almost black at the connector. I also disconnected and reconnected the battery under the back seat. The pump now kicks on. The passenger side seems to work but the drivers side does not. I haven’t had time to continue to troubleshot the problem since I had the car scheduled to be reupholstered. I’ll check the bags and connectors once the seats are out.
Cheers for keep us posted. Always enjoy reading the updates from members on their progress.
Post some photos of your endeavor, if you are able to.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts