Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,

I am in the process of leasing my first Mercedes -- a C300 Sport (white w/black MBTex, all base with auto transmission as the only extra).

This is the deal that I've got:

- MSRP 35,501 or something like that
- 10k miles/yr, 39 months
- Absolutely 0 down, with all drive-offs plus taxes rolled into the monthly payment
- Dealer will pay off my existing lease of $952
- My monthly pmt is $499 / 39months (includes 8.75% CA tax)

I will go to the dealer in a few hours to finalize the deal. Can you please tell me if this is a good deal? Should I ask for lesser monthly payments or an extra P1, P2 packages or extra miles to be thrown in to this deal? Should I even ask for a base C350 instead for the same price?

Thank you in advance for your swift response.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I think that msrp is high. I bouqht my c300 black with p1,mm and ipod for 36K price. Also I just got a flyer from a local MB dealer saying that they will go to 0% on financing and have more attractive lease rates as well..If you end up purchasing it, MB will also make your first two payments......so I think you have room to deal some more. I would just add that if there is any way you can afford the multi media package, it is absolutely worth the extra money.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi napa1,

I am not too much interested in what the MSRP is to be honest with you, since I only care about the bottom line = "What is my monthly lease payment gonna be?".

Dealers can play with the MSRPs, invoice prices, money factors, residual values as much as they'd like....but in the end I only pay 39 months x $$$$ which is how much I really pay for this lease.

Approaching the calculation from that end, I calculated the total payments I make towrds this lease to be $18,508 over 39 months (please remember that I substracted the $952 which dealer will pay towards my existing lease -- to close it).

Does this sound right? Do you think paying $18,508 over 39 months is a good value proposition for this car?

I kinda have a feeling that I might get another $1000-1500 down from this amount if I negotiate further with the dealer. What do you think?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have always purchased my vehicles, so I'm not the right one to advise you on lease rates. However, having just purchased my c300 a couple of weeks ago, my experience was that the dealers are anxious to move cars and will definetely deal. Good luck...one thing I know is that you will LOVE the car...get multimedia if you can...just for the sound quality alone, if nothing else.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for your advice napa1, I appreciate it.

I thought the near $3000 list price of the MM package was too high to justify the GPS and Audio System improvements but I might be wrong because I haven't even tested a car with the MM package. I will check that option out today.

I think this car has the best value and looks among many Mercedes out there, so I really like it. However, I am currently leasing a BMW M3 which kinda kills the joy of driving a C300.....nonetheless, I have to save some money on my car payments and I have to stick with the plan.

Thanks again for your comments.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Seems a bit high man, I had a lease quoted at just under 400/mo. for 39 mo, 10k mi on a car with a 37500 MSRP. At 500/mo, you would be paying for 55%of the total car's value over 39 months, you are almost better off to buy one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did your lease quote include any up-front fees (drive-offs) and the tax?

I think it is too late for anything now, since I already leased a C350 (base + iPod adapter) last Saturday.

I am paying $549/month -- including tax -- for 38 months. Dealer pays the first month, all the drive-offs (registration, license, etc) plus another $1,000 towards ending my other car's lease. I think I could get another $10/month shaved off the monthly payment if I really insisted...

I literally paid $0 and left the dealer with the car.

·
Registered
09 C300 4Matic
223 Posts
there is a thread on hear that is about 3-4 pages long with some examples, they are all across the board with monthly payment and down payment which pretty much means anything is possible. I am leasing an 09 with P2, MM, Ipod for $550 with nothing down plus paying I think $3k or $4k of my negative equity and getting 12kmiles for 39 months. name your payment and terms and stand by them.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hi everybody,

I am in the process of leasing my first Mercedes -- a C300 Sport (white w/black MBTex, all base with auto transmission as the only extra).

This is the deal that I've got:

- MSRP 35,501 or something like that
- 10k miles/yr, 39 months
- Absolutely 0 down, with all drive-offs plus taxes rolled into the monthly payment
- Dealer will pay off my existing lease of $952
- My monthly pmt is $499 / 39months (includes 8.75% CA tax)

I will go to the dealer in a few hours to finalize the deal. Can you please tell me if this is a good deal? Should I ask for lesser monthly payments or an extra P1, P2 packages or extra miles to be thrown in to this deal? Should I even ask for a base C350 instead for the same price?

Thank you in advance for your swift response.
I look at that 10Kmiles/yr, 39 months and have to ask what that car will actually cost you. How many miles a year do you normally drive?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts