Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a freind that is going to put his 1995 s420 with 15,000 miles on it for sale soon. I am intrested in purchasing the car from him but do not know what a fair offer would be for that car. I tried the nada and kelly blue book and edmunds but because of the low miles I do not know if those prices are fair. Let me know what you think.
Thanks
Tarek

· Registered
1997 S600 - Bentley Turbo R (black/black)
313 Posts
pricing

hello:

i am a car broker and i will try to answer your question...

Kelly blue book is usually gives a lower value for a private party sale on mercedes..

nada is usually gives a high value for a private party sale on mercedes.

edmunds is pretty close for private party on mercedes..

The confusion comes here is because the car has 15k...

)) on a side note, i know you said the person is ur friend...but i am always on guard when i see a car with really low miles for the year. ( i look for accident signs or tampering when i am buying these cars)... having said that......

Kbb for s420 with 15,000 miles is $17.5k nada is $18.5k... but if u look in the classifieds..the average price is about 19k with average miles (80k)..

i saw a 99 s600 in an auction with 20k..that went for $40k..thats almost $100k depreciation for a 20k miles !! (after 4 years)...

i just sold a 97 s420 with59k..to my best friend for $21k...market value is about $25k...

Having said all that.... i think a steal on it would be 18k that kelly blue book..but thats extreme wholesale price compared to market....25k would be retail for that car... so since he is your friend....meet in the middle around $22k)

good luck

ghost

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pricing

Thanks For all the input I really appreciate it. Regarding your side note about the mileage, if it were any one else that was putting up the car for sale with that mileage I would be very suspicious, but in his family it is typical for them to have so many cars that they put nearly no mileage on them. My friend has a 1996 viper gts that has only 3000 miles on it. This specific car is located in their vacation home in California so it sees very little use. I am going to hopefully speak to him tomorrow and try and negotiate the price, I will let you know how I make out. I really appreciate all the help.
Thanks
Tarek

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.