Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I have been to the dealership and was told that my 2008 S550 51k mi on it needs all three motor mounts replaced and priced it for me at $1200. But that sounds really expensive coz I checked the mounts prices and they range from $80-$90 a piece. So, why I'm being charged so much?

I check a local European Auto repair and they said they will do it for about $600. So my question here is : Should I do it at the dealership or just do it at a local independent shop for half the price? is it a big deal to fix or not?

Thank you all

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
Buy the parts yourself and get a local shop to change them, you will need both motor mounts and the transmission mount.

·
Registered
2012 E350 :-) 2002 E320 (sold)
432 Posts
I had a mechanic at a Kia dealer install my E320 mounts for free. I knew someone who knew someone. It only takes an hour. There is no magic to it, but it makes it easier to have tools and a lift. The W210 forum has DIY pics in the Sticky section.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank u guys, I was in Phoenix Az the other day and I had two dealers checking it for me and both of them said that they dont need to be changed at this time, however in the soon future. I also when it comes time to changing them, I think I will buy the parts myself as eric242340 suggested and have a local rapir shop do them for me.

Thanks to u all

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you feel any vibration when driving? if u do then u def need motor mounts
No I feel nothing, the car rides like perfect. the only thing i fell is a very little like clock ticking sound that I did not have on my S550 07 not-4MATIC which made me a little worried. they also test drove the car to make sure nothing is going on (not like the dealer where i live). And the dealerships in Phoenix Az assured me that it is just the heavier engine I feel compared to the older model I had.

Thanks though for all of your comments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts