Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2003 C320 2004 lexus is300
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to gain some horse power with my '03 C320. It has 215hp currently.. I am wondering what else I can do to gain more horsepower without getting a supercharger?

·
Registered
2005 C230 BlackBenz
40 Posts
saimasta said:
I am looking to gain some horse power with my '03 C320. It has 215hp currently.. I am wondering what else I can do to gain more horsepower without getting a supercharger?

a c230 with 215 is prety good for not being an amg... thats what i would get after droping like 5 gz in mods and i have an 05 c230, how u doing on looks? i would rather make it a sweet looking ride... than a fast car. i would never be faster than my bros new bmw with twin turbo.. but im working on makin it a sik looking benz.

but u can try air filter, pulley system, exhast, ecu and a nice suspension i guess...

:D

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On looks I currently added 18" rims, bi-xenon headlamps, exhaust tips, w220 styled tail lights, '05 side mirror blinkers, and I am also looking to get a lowering kit, trunk lid lip spoiler.

Can you even add a new intake in a c-class?

·
Registered
C230K Sport Sedan
5,368 Posts
So you want to go faster yet add bigger wheels, haha. You can get bixenons from an MB dealer or possibly ebay. Steve the euro pimp used to sell them but since they stopped W203 production a while ago he can't get them cheap anymore. Exhaust tips, W220 tail light are available ebay. Eibach and H&R make 1" lowering springs. H&R and Tein make cup kits and coilovers for even more lowering. MB dealer can get you 2005 side mirror blinkers, some people put W211 side blinkers, just a matter of taste. Trunk lid spoiler is also available at the dealer, just get the one that comes standard in 2007 C230. There are no cold air intakes that I know and be weary of magic filters that add HP, specially on your car because you have a very shallow filter opening and it can block airflow. As fr power, ******** sells a pulley kit that people reported getting 12HP in the midrange with although not much gain at the top end. You forgot brakes, afterall, with that extra 12HP you'll have to stop. A bunch of people put the C32 brakes with the 4 piston calipers and cross drilled rotors. Duval Motors online website is a good discounting MB dealer for parts but do not call them, the price is much higher if you do.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Buellwinkle... do you have a sprint booster in your car? I have read you talked about them a lot in other threads... If you do have one, does it work? Where can I get one?

·
Registered
2017 GLC 300 4Matic fully loaded... but for the heated steering wheel. Stupid previous owner! 😠
1,142 Posts
I don't think there will ever be a cold air intake available because the OEM ducting sucks air from the front-end, right next to the rad.

·
Registered
02 C32, 08 C350, 00 CLK320 (sis'), 01 ML430 (gone)
1,698 Posts
if you want a CAI to replace the entire airbox search for one that's made for the Chrysler Crossfire. It'll look odd, but it'll work..not sure as far as any gain in power will be seen. Otherwise you can just insulate your current intake tube and airbox with heat insulating material.

intake, under-drive pulley kit, exhaust, header, and ECU, are pretty much it for what you can do without going force induction.

sprint-booster does not give you any HP gain. It is only a relay telling the TB to stay open larger than it's factory setting so that when you step on the throttle it starts off at higher position.

·
Registered
05' C230 Kompressor Sedan
47 Posts
FrankW said:
if you want a CAI to replace the entire airbox search for one that's made for the Chrysler Crossfire. It'll look odd, but it'll work..not sure as far as any gain in power will be seen. Otherwise you can just insulate your current intake tube and airbox with heat insulating material.

intake, under-drive pulley kit, exhaust, header, and ECU, are pretty much it for what you can do without going force induction.

sprint-booster does not give you any HP gain. It is only a relay telling the TB to stay open larger than it's factory setting so that when you step on the throttle it starts off at higher position.
Please excuse me for going off topic,but Frank will a sprint booster hurt my car at all(ECU).I'm thinking of possibly getting one.It sounds like just the cure I need for my "lag" at acceleration.

·
Registered
110 Posts
FrankW said:

frank, the CAI on crossfires gives it a gain mainly because the whole capacity is about 20% larger than the stock crossfires. if you put a 3.2 MB airbox on a 3.2 crossfire its about 20% larger as well!

remember I did a so called CAI, and it sucked. the best so far is still the renntech cf airbox :D

props to advans!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts