Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m in process of having my 2000 E55 AMG W210 reupholstered. The heating element on the passenger seat is shoot. Below is tag on the back of the seat. Looks like the part number is 2108203798 but nothing comes up when I do a google search for that number. Would appreciate any help finding the correct part number.

View attachment 2625085

·
Registered
w163 02 ML500 W210 97 E50Amg w202 99 C230K w124 - need more space, time to build again
2,412 Posts
Could not view your attachment.

Try looking here
or put you vin# in for better accuracy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is very confusing. The element appears to be built in the padding. Is there a separate element?

·
Registered
w163 02 ML500 W210 97 E50Amg w202 99 C230K w124 - need more space, time to build again
2,412 Posts
This is very confusing. The element appears to be built in the padding. Is there a separate element?
Refer to the link provided and look at part #50.
Also, look at your existing seat cover (underside). That heater pad should be a separate component. It might just be "fused on" over time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Refer to the link provided and look at part #50.
Also, look at your existing seat cover (underside). That heater pad should be a separate component. It might just be "fused on" over time.
Part #50 looks like the pad that disables the airbag

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Part #50 looks like the pad that disables the airbag
May bad, look at part#40. There are a few listed. You have to match the color to your vin#.
Some have heating included.
Take the part #s and see if you can also reference them on fleabay to verify the heating coil.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Khomer,

I went back to the upholsterer. The heating element is part of the seat cover. I found the right item/part number on the site that you provided. Doesn't look like the heated seat covers are available. I can't find used individual covers so I'm thinking buying an aftermarket seat heating pad having the upholsterer install. Can you recommend a manufacturer?

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Khomer,

I went back to the upholsterer. The heating element is part of the seat cover. I found the right item/part number on the site that you provided. Doesn't look like the heated seat covers are available. I can't find used individual covers so I'm thinking buying an aftermarket seat heating pad having the upholsterer install. Can you recommend a manufacturer?
All heating elements work under the same principle. You just need to use matching connectors to allow them to work. (ie. heat up). Keep your existing one so that you can possibly reuse the connector. If you have some basic soldering skills it's a cakewalk. (if not, poundcake....)
I just replaced DS front seat heating element for a neighbour's honda. Acura, honda, hyundai, should be all similar heating elements, possibly the similar for Ford, Chrysler, GM.
Search the online stores for best pricing.

EDIT:
here's an example of one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We will keep the connector from the failed element. I did searches on EBay and Amazon for seat heaters. There’s a lot out them out there. I want to put a good quality element into the seat. Are there any I should steer away from? Any that are better qualit?

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
From my experience with these components, it really depends on other factors such as repeated use, in and out fatigue to the upholstery and the element pad itself, passenger weight. If the element isnt seated correctly on the underside, there can be friction wear and tear on the element pad and the heating within. The equates to physical stress on the heating pad and wiring. I use 3m fabric adhesive for any interior upholstery/fabric repairs.

I can only speak from the ones I removed, majority driver side seat covers and heat pad replacements for the japanese cars and german. I have not had to deal with American models, only because the ones that I have done work on, dont have heat elements in the seats. :)

You can peruse thru the other forums of the other car makers and see what their comments are.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts