Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2005 SL 500. On easy entry feature for seat, I can't get it to program. Follow instructions in manual but instrument cluster just wont accept settings to tell seat. Any one with any easy programming tips?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Does the seat or column move at all? What choices are given in the cluster? Does it say just easy entry or does it give a choice of steering column and seat? I know they discontinued the seat option but I thought it wasnt until 2006. I think the manuals still showed it as having the seat option even though it wasnt.

·
Registered
2006 S430
20 Posts
I was actually looking for the same thing on my 2006 s430. My seat and steering wheel were both working the other day and seat just quit working all of a sudden along with my mirrors tilting down in reverse...hmmm

Sent from my DROID4 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
17 Posts
For the mirror not moving into the park position make sure that the mirror switch is set to the passanger side. Will not work if its set to the drivers side. Make sure that the easy entry is set correctly in the cluster. If you used a different key the settings could be different. If all that is ok try moving the seat all the way forward and all the backwards. The seat may have lost normalization. Even though the column works try moving it to its end stops as well.

·
Registered
2006 S430
20 Posts
I did the seat back and forth and it did fix it, Im about to walk out and try the mirror thing. I also noticed today my front driver is side is sitting a bit higher than the reat of the car. Tilt sensor maybe?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Level sensor problems are very rare. Does it level out after being started? Try raising the suspension and then lower it and see if it returns to a normal level ride height.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Looks like you might have to have it looked at. Need a scanner to look at the actual values for the airmatic suspension. When you raised it was it level?

·
Registered
2006 S430
20 Posts
I think it was still slightly off but not as much. Its as if there is something in the way not allowing it to lower all the way. Im not seeing or feeling anything off so Ill just have to take it in. Blah. Thank you so much for your help, fixed mirror and seat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts