Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Need help with DVD aux/video plz

13K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  roiayiti 
#1 · (Edited)
I have an 08 s550 and I have the ipod kit/ video dvd also. however, im trying to connect my iphone through the RCAs in my glove compartment but when i do, i dont know hear or see any video on the screen from the my iphone. in other words, I guess Im using it wrong ot dont know how to use it, plz help me?

here is the pic of the RCA inputs

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks for the reply...however, I tried the cable on my TV and it worked fine...Hence, I read in the manual of the car that if I want audio aux( Audio-->Audio Aux---> Aux(not sound))
my car only allows me to choose the sound which is for the ipod, im trying to switch it to aux but i cant, Does any body know why even though i already have the input in the glove compartment for it?

Thanks

#4 ·
Thanks for the reply...however, I tried the cable on my TV and it worked fine...Hence, I read in the manual of the car that if I want audio aux( Audio-->Audio Aux---> Aux(not sound))
my car only allows me to choose the sound which is for the ipod, im trying to switch it to aux but i cant, Does any body know why even though i already have the input in the glove compartment for it?

Thanks
Did you try Video?

I missed the point that you already have the iPod interface in your car, the AUX audio input must be disabled because the wiring is swapped towards the iPod interface. If you do not need the iPod interface, you can swap the wiring back and disable the iPod kit. But if you already have an iPhone, why not play music via the iPod interface?

#5 ·
Thanks Diesel Benz, I just came from the dealer and they explained everything to me and it is like you said. i cannot have both at the same time. even though, i have the RCAs, it is not intended for an iphone, it is for a ps3 or laptop connection etc....

and the only reason i was looking for an aux input was because my iphone was not charging but now i bought the proper piece connection for it from Mercedes dealer.

Thanks

#7 ·
What phone do you have? Simply ask the dealer for the media cable appropriate for your model iPhone (or search eBay for alternatives) and disconnect the old cable.

Here's an example: Mercedes Benz iPhone 5 5S 6 6 Adapter Cable | eBay

As noted above, the RCA inputs aren't meant for handheld devices like cell phones, and you can't have both inputs active at the same time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.