Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The inside door panels of my 73 SLC are all saggy and ugly. I removed the door card (thanks to this forum for help), and found that someone had already attempted repairs:crying. The pressboard was wet and broken in several places. Most of the clips were missing. I plan to make a new wooden doorcard using the old one as a template.

questions:
1. Any advice on duplicating the wood door card?
2. was that 6" square "patch" (photo #2) there originally? Or was that a previous attempted repair?
3. There were staples (photo #3) all the way around to attach MB-Tex to the wood. I assume those were not original, right?

BTW, the MB-Tex is in amazing condition -- considering the abuse this car has suffered...

Attachments

·
Registered
179 Posts
These are available on ebay. Your wooden replacement seems better; I would be interested to hear if anyone has experience with these on ebay.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, Rowdie -- that thread was perfect! I searched for hours and never got to that one. I guess I'll have to improve my forum search skills...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
4wdave
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing