Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1973 416 Doka, 1978 416 Doka, 1980 416 Doka..... Help me, I can't stop buying them!!!
2,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stripped off the paint on my doors and found that the factory makes DoKa rear doors by leading in a piece in the wheel arch of front doors![:0] Well mine had alot of bulges in the lead. So I took a torch and this is whats left of the piece that the factory puts in after the lead melted away![:0] So what I need is someone with a DoKa cab to take some photos of the rear doorASAP!!! Mostly from the bottom. Mine are so rotted that I can't tell if the bottom went straight across or not. I want to get these repaired so I can get the cab painted soon! Thanks Von

Attachments

·
Registered
'78 Mog 416.141 DoKa
3,407 Posts
Bandwidth alert - ~100K/pic for resolution.

Let me know if you need others...

Attachments

·
Registered
1973 416 Doka, 1978 416 Doka, 1980 416 Doka..... Help me, I can't stop buying them!!!
2,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, It looks like its flat on the bottom of the door. Yours are different than mine though. Your door does not have the pocket and weather stripping on the door, as mind does. Do you think your doors have been reworked at some time? Von

·
Registered
'78 Mog 416.141 DoKa
3,407 Posts
VON - 3/31/2005 2:49 PM

OK, It looks like its flat on the bottom of the door. Yours are different than mine though. Your door does not have the pocket and weather stripping on the door, as mind does. Do you think your doors have been reworked at some time? Von
Anything is possible although I know this is a factory built cab. The front doors have pockets but no weatherstrip. All seals are on the body side of the door openings, front and back.

What does the cab ID plate say on yours ? Maybe your's is a newer/older build.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mogasaurus - 4/1/2005 10:33 AM

Anything is possible although I know this is a factory built cab. The front doors have pockets but no weatherstrip. All seals are on the body side of the door openings, front and back.

What does the cab ID plate say on yours ? Maybe your's is a newer/older build.
I think someone has reworked your doors. Both the 75 CASE cab has the weather striping on the door as well as this DoKa cab. I don't know the age of it, but the glass looks to be dated 89' I don't know if that is the true date or not. The ID tag states that it is a 416.115.10 if that tells you any thing let me know!
Anyway after looking at your doors and looking at the rust on mine. I think I am going to repair mine like yours! I just have to weld up where the pocket goes into the cap and remove whats left of the pocket off of the door. This way I don't have to buy the factory weather strip, which I'm sure is not cheap! I'll post some photos when I do it. I first want to sand blast whats left of the door bottoms. Just need some better weather. They are calling for snow/rain this weekend![:(] Von

·
Registered
'78 Mog 416.141 DoKa
3,407 Posts
So I looked at my doors today and my fronts DO have weatherstrip (on the door) since they don't have straight bottoms like the rears.

You can tell the fronts and backs are the same basic door. My rears just don't have the map pockets welded on.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After sandblasting the doors inside and out, I removed the pockets from the two rear doors. The bottoms were shot so I ended up just replacing the bottoms as well. Had to open up the fold at the bottom of the door skin to remove the bottoms, but the extra work was worth it! Once a little glass is spread they should be just as good as new! I am going to paint and undercoat the insides, should help with some of the sound. Von

Attachments

·
Registered
'78 Mog 416.141 DoKa
3,407 Posts
Nice job !

If I need to weld something that has to look good, I have to call my wife - she's the pro. [:p]

Funny - her welding teacher always insisted women make better TIG welders - must have something to do with sewing machine pedals...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts