Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I looked at my list of codes and this code is not there its p1542. Is there someone here who knows? Please help and thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
16,758 Posts
Okay, I looked at my list of codes and this code is not there its p1542. Is there someone here who knows? Please help and thanks in advance.
It's for the Pedal Value Sensor, located on the left side of the engine compartment directly above the brake booster. It has a cable attached to it.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks 43sqd, now if i can find it by your advice. Should I replace the part , is it a easy diy?

·
Premium Member
16,758 Posts
thanks 43sqd, now if i can find it by your advice. Should I replace the part , is it a easy diy?
When codes are extracted, the scanner is only telling you that there is a problem with the system it names, not necessarily the part itself. The scanner's function is to get you IN THE BALLPARK, it's up to you to find your seat.

The pedal value sensor reads the amount of pressure on the gas pedal and sends readings (values) to the computer which in turn tells the Throttle Valve Control Element on the throttle body how much to open or close the throttle flap.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,714 Posts
The pedal value sensor reads the amount of pressure on the gas pedal and sends readings (values) to the computer which in turn tells the Throttle Valve Control Element on the throttle body how much to open or close the throttle flap.
Thanks 43sqd.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello there 43sqd, I purchased the sensor, its officially called fuel regeneration sensor and some people call it throttle position sensor. TPS. Thanks for all your help Man!!!

·
Premium Member
16,758 Posts
Hello there 43sqd, I purchased the sensor, its officially called fuel regeneration sensor and some people call it throttle position sensor. TPS. Thanks for all your help Man!!!
I only told you how the system works. How did you determine that was the part you needed?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've got the same error code on my 2000 clk320.
I had the codes read because I have a problem of the car going to limp mode whenever the kickdown switch is activated. The dealer just wants to replace the pedal value sensor for around $1000, but I am sceptical that this is the root cause of the problem. What symptoms did you have that were fised by replacement?
Russell

·
Premium Member
16,758 Posts
I've got the same error code on my 2000 clk320.
I had the codes read because I have a problem of the car going to limp mode whenever the kickdown switch is activated. The dealer just wants to replace the pedal value sensor for around $1000, but I am sceptical that this is the root cause of the problem. What symptoms did you have that were fised by replacement?
Russell
It4vette, you are on the wrong forum. You should be in the W208 forum.

W208 CLK Class - Benzworld.org - Mercedes Benz Discussion Forum

I'm not too familiar with the CLK class, but if you only go into limp mode only when you step on it, I would consider changing the kick down switch (if there is one) located directly under the gas pedal. As for the $1,000 repair at M/B, save your money because the problem lies elsewhere.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We also have the same code P1542 on our 2000 ML320 and replace that Pedal Value Sensor. The car is still having the same problem, after warm up, when pressing on the accellerator nothing seems to happen, like it loses power or something. What else could it be?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts