Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any info on how to install a cd changer into a 07 c230? i got the cd changer off ebay and the cd changer kit from the deal(included brackets,FO cable,power cable) but i cant figure out where the blue/blk wire connectos to. any 1 with pics of the install?? thanks in advance for the help.

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
11,066 Posts
I am not familiar with the C230 - but have to ask this: Did you get a cd changer that is compatible with your car's MOST bus?

The reason I ask is that several years ago I installed an Ice>Link iPod integration kit in my D2B equipped S500, and the blue/black wire for both the CD changer and the Ice>Link were for the D2B wake-up signal. MOST bus equpment that your car has does not use this wire. If your CDC is for a D2B equipped car, it will not be compatible with your car's MOST bus.

Those of you who are more familiar with the C-Class, please correct me if I'm wrong.

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
11,066 Posts
I don't recall what year the C230 began to be equipped with changers that play mp3 but my point is, with the extra wire, it is possible that you have an OEM unit for the older D2B fiber optic bus, rather than one for your newer MOST bus.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its one the power harenss. which has 3 wires on all the changers(red/white/brown,and blue/blk) red/white is 12+,brown is ground, whats is the last one

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
11,066 Posts
I understand the question. As I said before, I believe it is the wake-up signal wire for a D2B system, while your car needs a changer for MOST bus - which will not have that wire. That's my best guess.

I suggest that you inquire of your dealer what CDC part number is needed for your car, and compare it to what you bought.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts