Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Mercedes E320 , 2012 Mercedes ML350 4Matic , 1999 BMW 328iC
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went to a muffler shop today, hoping to get my resonator removed. The guy lifted the car up and was like there isnt a resonator here at all. He said it was 2 cats they drove pipes into anothe cat then into a muffler. I want my car to have a deeper tone and videos of the e320 with a resonator delete sounded awesome to me. Please if anyone can help? Is the muffler and resonator bundled together? Please help :crybaby2:

P.S. i raced a 2008 BMW 528i yesterday and in my stock only with SRI 97 oldie, i smoked him ;) we were the same till 60 though. Thanks in advance

I thought what the cat drove into was the resonator?!

·
Registered
1997 E320, 1997 S320
2,946 Posts
run away from that muffler shop. how can he not tell the difference between a catalytic converter and a resonater? resonator is right before the muffler. in m104 it should be as one piece (muffler + resonator) than there is the cats (2 in parallel as one unit). in removing the resonatore there will be needed some cutting and welding, a straight pipe and a y-pipe also. #7 in pic is resonator.

Attachments

·
Registered
1997 Mercedes E320 , 2012 Mercedes ML350 4Matic , 1999 BMW 328iC
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks!

Lol yeah I had to go to another place and they did it for allot in my opinion 120... And the got was mad because he had to fabricate a Y-pipe..but it sounds amazing! Now I need a new muffler

1 - 4 of 4 Posts