Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1998 SLK 230
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I just purchased a 1998 SLK230 that has the integrated phone. Its the fixed phone that is wired into the car that can't be removed. From my research on this board, I've discovered (I think) that is it analog, non-fiber optic, and was probably made by motorola.

What I'm trying to do is activate it... since its there. The phone actually works and says its Verizon but not authorized in my area. I checked with some local Verizon shops and they don't know anything about analog phones. However, I called Verizon directly and they stated they may have a plan if I give them the phone ESN number.

So, does anyone know how I can find this number? I'm told that on portable phones its usually under the battery, but my phone is non-portable. I'm about ready to open up the handset and look for a number but was hoping someone here knew of another way.

Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
on every mb car that i know of the phone is removeable. if its a time port phone the release tabs are on the side. if its a v60 the release tab is right next to the antenna. just give em a push.
the esn is located under the battery.
hope this helps

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
10,914 Posts
Sometimes you can go into the menus on the phone itself - look for something like "phone info" - your ESN may be there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts