Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all, i have inherited my grandfathers 1977 280e w123 moddel and it sat for a very long time, i got the car goin, and going good, but still some miner things, the guages are dodgy, bouncing around heaps, youll hit a bump and all of a sudder it says your doing 140 km/h. also the boot leaks but it gets into the actaull lid, think itsjust the seals? help would be great thanks

·
Registered
90 300 SE ,85 300 GD
1,574 Posts
Top corners of the boot opening below the rear window have drain holes, left and right. Take a piece of wood and clean out the drain tubes. BE CAREFUL not to damage the rubber drain lines! Remove all the fuses and replace them with new fuses. Fusebox is located on the firewall ahead of the driver's side. Be sure to use the correct amp size. Sizes are noted inside your fusebox cover. New fuses will cure many of your electrical gremlins. Do you have an owner's manual? This will help in solving problems as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank

thanks heaps, when you say top of the boot do you mean where the hinges are attatched or where the latch is? thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts