Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LAST NIGHT I WAS DRIVING MY S600 AND WAS STOPPED BY THE POLICE. THE OFFICER ASKED ME IF I HAD PERMISSION TO DRIVE MY DAD'S CAR. I TOLD HIM IT WAS MY CAR AND HE ASKED ME WHERE I LIVED. HE TOLD ME TO GO HOME OR HE WOULD FIND SOMTHING TO GIVE ME A TICKET FOR.
ON MY WAY HOME I RAN 2 YELLOW LIGHTS AND ABOUT 1/2 MILE DOWN THE ROAD WAS STOPPED BY 3 POLICE CARS. THEY GAVE ME A TICKET FOR RUNNING 2 RED LIGHTS! I AM 18 AND THIS IS MY FIRST TICKET. THEY TOLD ME THAT IT WAS A 2 POINT VIOLATION. THE OFFICER TOLD ME THAT NEXT TIME HE WOULD HAVE MY CAR TOWED. I LIVE IN MARIN COUNTY. -IT WAS THE SAN RAFAEL POLICE
-WHAT CAN I DO?
-HOW MUCH WILL A ATTOURNY COST?
-HOW MUCH WILL MY INSURANCE GO UP. (IT IS ALLREADY $5800 PER YEAR)
ANY INFO WILL HELP ALOT. -THANK YOU

·
Registered
02 CLK 430, 03 E500
30 Posts
in LA running red cose aroung 300 but don't know in marin county ......
maybe u can try t...

in LA running red cose aroung 300 but don't know in marin county ......
maybe u can try to go to court and pay the ticket it have 80% off
or explain to court u only run for two yellow light
not red light see what up
if the police not go to court and u told them u run for yellow only then they would give u a ticket at
but those are happen in LA
don't know about in ur county

·
Registered
CLK AMG55 Cabriolet
12 Posts
You need to fight it

I'm not sure about your state, but in NJ you need to fight every ticket. Point surcharges and insurance costs go way up if you start to accumulate many points. In my state, if you do alot of driving, you will eventually get pulled over.

I would suggest you line up a lawyer to help you. In many cases there are lawyers at the court house who specialize in this type of problem. Often the ADA will be willing to let you plead to a higher cost non-point charge. Good luck.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RE: fighting the ticket.

I will fight the ticket. I have found 4 people who saw the whole thing. I was driving last night and was stopped by the officers partner for no reason. He told me to go home or he would find somthing to give me a ticket for. I have him saying on viedo camara. I will see if I can use it in court.
-Thanks -Kristian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts