Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 97 C280 and the engine shuts off when the temparature gets to 3/4 of the gage I changed thermostat cause I thought it was not working properly and the car still shuts off when I am in traffic standing it shuts off or the car will work standing in the parking and gets to the temparature and shuts off. After 15 minutes I can start the car back up. I need help I dont know whats wrong with the car any kindda relay or something not working or something.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
CPS

It sounds like the old standard problem with these cars the Crank Position Sensor. They usually fail when the engine is warming or hot and then work again after it cools down again. There is a good thread with pictures on replacement that I started last year when we were having some problems with our C-220. (search Crank Position Sensor) I don't know if the 280 is much different or the same where the sensor is located. The computer uses the referance signal it gets from this sensor and the Cam position sensor to time the engine firing etc.

Good Luck:thumbsup:

C as in 220

1 - 3 of 3 Posts