Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1998 c230
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a 1998 c230, I"ve tried the methods that I"ve found here,none have worked yet.It has that little wrench symbol then the miles. cant get it to change.I must be doing it wrong somehow.I"ll try it again with a little help.
Thanks in advance
Mike

·
Registered
24 Posts
This is a 1998 c230, I"ve tried the methods that I"ve found here,none have worked yet.It has that little wrench symbol then the miles. cant get it to change.I must be doing it wrong somehow.I"ll try it again with a little help.
Thanks in advance
Mike
on these older benz's i thought it was pretty simple. you should have a button on your instrument cluster with an "R". just go to the screen w/ the wrench and hold down "R" for a few seconds. it should ask you to confirm and press "R" again. make sure engine is off and key is in second position.

·
Registered
1998 c230
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
service counter reset

Thanks M10
This car has a (+,-,o) on the left side of cluster and (h,m) on the right. Wish it were that simple to just press the R twice. Its not life or death, it just bugs me.
Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks M10
This car has a (+,-,o) on the left side of cluster and (h,m) on the right. Wish it were that simple to just press the R twice. Its not life or death, it just bugs me.
Thanks
Mike
why do they always have to change the procedure.... :confused:

i'll look it up on alldata later today and let you know what i find.

·
Registered
2002 ML55 AMG, 2005 Chrysler Crossfire Coupe Limited, 1999 C280
4,714 Posts
I don't have my car manual on hand as I'm at work; but it should be in the car manual.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts