Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Mercedes E320
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm new to the forum so I don't know what or where the USER CP link and BW profile are located, or where the non-AMG sedan section is.

I could sure use some help trying to resolve cel on my 2000 E320. The code came up for MAF sensor. I cleaned air filter compartment and had code reset but the CEL came on again 2 days later. I just cleaned MAF sensor and replaced air filter today and had code reset and now waiting to see if CEL comes back on. Anyone have any ideas?

Does the MAF sensor really cost about $200? Also, If the MAF sensor does need replacement, do you have to disconnect the battery for awhile?

What is the best OBD2 scanner for the money, as I'm jobless right now?

Also, not sure if related but I actually have a bad catalytic convertor now, the other one was replaced under warranty a year ago. The vehicle has 81K plus now, so out of warranty. The local Mercedes dealership has aggreed to replace for $270, as I called MB headquarters and explained that I tried to have dealership replace both before and they would not. :(

What would you recommend as the order of priority to get vehicle running properly again? I also just had oil and filter changed, and 2 plug wires replaced at the cost of $350, as engine light came on a week ago. Then 2 days later the CEL came on for MAF.

Thank you for any help. I appreciate it.

·
Registered
1996 210.020
3,972 Posts
This is the non-AMG section. Did someone move your post over here? It's in the right place. I hope that you can find it.

I'm guessing that you found the "User CP" link, since your vehicle and location are there.

For the OBD-II scanner, Ohlord recommends a pretty inexpensive model; I think it's from Harbor Freight. Search the forum for OBD and Ohlord and you will find his recommendations. I paid a lot more for one that doesn't seem to be any better.

For the MAF, Germanstar.net used to have the insert only, for less money. But be sure to get the actual Bosch part. There are a lot of counterfeits on Ebay; Chinese junk packaged in OEM boxes and sold as OEM.

Sorry to hear that you're currently jobless. But rest assured, we all want to save money while maintaining our cars as well as can be done.

·
Registered
2000 Mercedes E320
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Matt,

Thanks for the email. I guess I found the right section. I did find Bosch MAF at Autohausaz per earlier reply by Gregs210. I did not check germanstar.net yet and don't really know about changing insert only?

Do you happen to know if there are seals that need to be replaced when replacing the MAF, or do they come with the new MAF?

Right now I'm having CAT replaced and when I get it back I'll replace MAF. Someone said that you need to disconnect battery after MAF install to all new values to take place?

Thank you for your input.

Brent:)

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts