Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help on upgrading my current audio on my 2001 CLK with Bose. I j need to have more bass and more clarity in the sound while still retaining the wheel controler function. What amp to get? Subwoofer? do I need to change any of the speaker? Is it possible to change the head unit but still be able to use the steering wheel controler?<br> <br> I'm totaly new at this and have no experience in car audio system so any help will be appreciated. Thank guys<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
To greatly improve the sound in your premium MB you will need to remove the Bose system and install aftermarket parts: same size coaxial speakers which will be four ohms, a CD/radio head unit which controls a cd changer and has an output of four ohms. All car stereo is four ohms while Bose is closer to 1.3 ohms. To experience quality bass you will need to have a subwoofer enclosure built for the sub of your choice allowing for space. There are small enclosures for newer subs like the new Kicker Solobaric, but the ideal arrangement would be an enclosure which is ported from the top, partially external so it can feed bass inside your car. Visit a competent car stereo store.They will show you either a four channel amp or an alternative. Remember when you shop that wattage doesn't mean loud, volume means louder. Higher wattage means clearer. P.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry to say, you will have to gut the system and steering wheel controls will probably not work. Bose systems are awful. You cannot upgrade one piece. there are special connectors for everything. I got so frustrated that I just decided to replace the whole system and it sounds great. Good luck and find somebody who has experience with the CLK. Is not easy to take apart and put back together.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts