Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered HRE 546 wheels for my CLK 430 in 19'', 8.5's and 9.5's. I was told to go with a 235/35/19 front, and 265/30/19 rear. The car is also being lowered with H&R springs. I was under the impression that I could get away with a 275/30/19 rear, but would really like some advice before I order the tires from TireRack.<br>
<br>
Specification Sidewall Radius Diameter Circumference Revolutions Difference <br>
235/35-19 3.2 in 12.7 in 25.5 in 80.0 in 792 / mile 0.0% <br>
265/30-19 3.1 in 12.6 in 25.3 in 79.4 in 798 / mile -0.8% <br>
275/30-19 3.2 in 12.7 in 25.5 in 80.1 in 791 / mile 0.1% <br>
<br>
As you can see, the 235 and the 275 match up almost perfectly, by maintaing the same sidewall height at 3.2'', radius, and circumference, but with the 265, it has a smaller sidewall height than the front 235, and is 0.8% smaller in total to that of the front 235 tire. So I'm wondering which is the best setup, and will the 275 fit on the 9.5' wheel without looking to bubbly, or rub. <br>
<br>
Please let me know if anyone has this set up.<br>
<br>
Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
265 is a tight fit as it is so I'm guessing 275 will rub..

You really don't have to worry about the rear as the fronts are the ones that really need more sidewall.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: 265 is a tight fit as it is so I'm guessing 275 will rub..

Frank, what setup do you have on yours? How did you do with the pads when you had the springs put on? Leaving the pads the way they are, will it sit right with the H&R's?<br>
<br>
Your input is greatly appreciated.<br>
<br>
Thank you.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I changed the pads when I changed the springs..

It should look okay with the stock pads. If you want it lower, then change the pads but in exchange you get a bit harsher ride.<br> <br> See pics of my car in the gallery to see how H&R and 2pt/1pt pads look like.<br> <br> Frank

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: I changed the pads when I changed the springs..

Hi Frank,<br>
<br>
Your car looks incredible!!!! I did notice though, that the rear seems to be lower than the front? Is that because you have 1pt in the rear? What are the stock pad height 2pt/2pt??? If so, do you still think that the 275/30/19 will rub if I leave it with the stock pad's?<br>
HRE does tend to build all their wheels to the edge of the fender... but I know once I lower it, their will be negative camber in the rear which will tuck the wheels in somewhat.<br>
<br>
Thanks again in advance.<br>
<br>
Nelson<br>
p.s. do you know of anyone that may have pic's with H&R springs and stock pads with 19'' wheels, and what size are your tires? Thanks again....

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Nelson !

The rear seems lower because I have golf clubs in the trunk, plus some other cleaning agents (wax, etc.)<br> <br> I'm not quite sure what the stocks are, I think they're 4/3. If you really want to fit the 275, it might be possible if you do some fender trimming. Even if you leave the stock pads, it still might hit when you go on uneven roads.<br> <br> There will be negative camber but not enough. On my alstadts, I had 255/30/19 in the rear and there was a few mm left before it would hit. I also had Carlsson 1/6 Evos with 265/30/19 (rear) and it barely misses the fender. Just right.<br> <br> Ask on the CLK forum, a lot of guys there with 19 inch wheels.<br>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts