Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1997 E300d
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My tires are shot and my wheels (the ones that originally came with the car) are pretty beat up. I was thinking about purchasing rims and tires off ebay but do not know what rim size and tire size will fit my car. My car is a 1997 e300D and currently has 16 inch tires, 5 bolt pattern, 215P by 55 size Goodyear tires. I do not know the Offset or what rims listed on ebay will fit (looking for used OEM and not after market). Can someone help me with what the offset size is and what rims and tire sizes will fit???? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1997 E300d
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for posting the chart. I think it states that I have a 41 offset (based on the tire size listed). Would it be a problem to buy rims that are 37 offset? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,633 Posts
Hey, NC.

Pretty much anything that fits a 210 will fit your car, I've not seen an ET41 stock on a 210, that's more like an S class offset.

Nevertheless, the easiest way to confirm is to pull one of your wheels and look inside it. Well, after you wash it thoroughly. Part of the casting has the letters "ET" followed by a two digit number, which is your offset. So long as you don't vary by more than a few integers either way from that number you'll be fine.

Where are you located? (hint, fill out your profile.;)) If the "NC" stands for "Northern California" and you're interested in the 211 split spoke 16s, I've got a pristeen set with tires. If it's North Carolina, shipping would be a kick.

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts