Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI, I need some info on how to change the rear brake pads for my wife E500, I already change out the front one , but the rear do I have to take out any bolt to take out the pads.:confused: Any info would help.
Thank in advance.

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,429 Posts
HI, I need some info on how to change the rear brake pads for my wife E500, I already change out the front one , but the rear do I have to take out any bolt to take out the pads.:confused: Any info would help.
Thank in advance.
Yes, you have to remove the guide pins.

I guess you did disable the SBC brake system one or the other way (to keep your fingers safe, I assume it is an SBC car)?

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
The front one have the pin , but the rear one doesn't have any pin. ?
You are referring to a different pin, I was referring the guide pin for the floating assembly, not the small one that in the front keeps pads in position. Or would you have different brakes from the standard 211070 (Euro)?

·
Registered
'07 GL320CDI
5,116 Posts
You really should have the Mercedes workshop information that Mercedes makes available to anyone.

You can purchase a DVD with the procedures or you can subscribe to Startek Info and download it.

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
You really should have the Mercedes workshop information that Mercedes makes available to anyone.

You can purchase a DVD with the procedures or you can subscribe to Startek Info and download it.
I don't think the "anyone" is correct above. I did not find where the OP comes from but if he comes from the US (Canada?), then the advice above is very applicable.

For Europeans and mostly elsewhere the cost for WIS information isn't really matching DIY work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts