·
Discussion Starter #1
<br>
Member # 840 <br>
<br>
<br>
Rate Member <br>
posted April 20, 2002 03:25 AM <br>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br>
Hai guys, I need help to decide what is the best suspension setup to lower my car with the max comfort for my CLK 430.<br>
Previous setup: H&R and Bilstein 'sport'<br>
too harsh.<br>
Current setup : H&R and Bilstein 'HD'<br>
still to harsh for me.<br>
Should I get Eibach spring instead and combine it with the HD shock or should I just use stock shock?<br>
Is just my car or anyone else have the same experience?<br>
<br>

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Eibach spring will help a little . My friend also have a 430 w/19" - #3 pads w/ H&R spring.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Need Help on my suspension setup for CLK 430 with 19

car looks good man.<br>
I doubt you'll feel much difference between the 2 springs. maybe your tires are causing the discomfort. what tires do you have?

G

·
Discussion Starter #4

i have 19's and eibachs and stock shocks stock shocks are not good cuz you are compressing them when you lower the car.. i am going to switch to the HR CUP KIT.. which includes springs and shocks..!!! also with using stock shock with 19's you will rub..!!<br> <br> CLIFFF<br> <br>

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Jeff....because you are running on 19" wheels, the only way to soft it up is to go...........

<br> cup kit suspension set-up. The are tuned to work perfectly together just like factory spring and shock tuned to work together. If you use factory shock, it will be softer but only after a couple thousand miles, it will blown out.

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
Won't his car be even lower with the cup kit? ...

I didn't know the cup kit was a 'smoother' ride. Maybe I should get a cup kit instead of H&R/Koni

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, the car can be even lower only if you want because it adjustable...............................

<br> Why don't you ask Frank about his new cup kit suspension? Frank, just got rid of his H&R spring and Koni shock i believe.

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
FRANK - H&R Cup Kit

What is the Cup Kit like compared to the H&R/Koni combo? smoother? rougher?<br> <br> did it require a camber kit?

G

·
Discussion Starter #15

the car looks really good!!!!<br> i would like to know what size spacers you used and where you got them from? you would be helpn me out alot. Thank you very much- Valentino

G

·
Discussion Starter #16
Frank, can you post details about this H&R cup kit? or e-mail me?

I have the 55cab which may need different setup, and I don't know any knowledgeable wrenches in my MY area. I just installed 19s and theyre too high, and too harsh.<br> <br> Thanks!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts