Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
mercedes benz cl500
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need help with my Mercedes cl500 1995, engine is not starting, i have checked and found there is no spark, all my coils and spark plugs are good, im thinking maybe a computer, have checked every single fuse, haven't checked for relays yet, when i unlock car through keypad and crank the engine a red and green light flashes one at a time( to my knowledge that is the immobilizer) i am clueless to how to deactivate it, fuel is being delivered nicely to the engine but just no spark, is there any other fuses other than the engine bay fuse box, trunk fuse box and the fuses in the computer, i was told there is an auxillary fuse box not to far from the engine bay fuse box but i cannot see anything, any help will be great.

·
Registered
99CL600,98CL600 Swiss import,R230 SL666, EURO1985 280 CE & XR600R Desert killer
915 Posts
well it might be a ECU problem or you remote control battery .Check the battery first and if that does not help after you put new one you might reprogramm the REMOTE CONTROL I had the same problem before so after you put new battery try start again if that not help just reset remote and reprogram again .

·
Registered
mercedes benz cl500
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi thanks for the reply, i will go buy some batteries today or tomorrow, what i didnt say was that i have just recently replace full wiring harness for engine and a computer for that harness and some other skinny metal one, because i have brought it like this without any of this... umm i know how to program the remote but dont have any idea how to reset , is it just the same procedure, just press button towards transmitter of rear vision mirrow and then turn ignition on within 30 seconds

1 - 3 of 3 Posts