Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
02 ML 320
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching a video of dados M3 the other day with strobe lights in the car and thought it would be cool to try and put them on a ML. So what i am trying to do is just replace the fog lights with strobe lights. My idea was to use the fog light switch inside the car to turn the strobes on and off but i have run into a problem, does anyone know the max Watts the stock wire in the ML can handle? if i remember right the strobe lights needed about double the amout of watts(for the good kind) the foglights need and i know i would need a power box for that but i would like to use the stock wires and switch if possible, but i dont want to end up burning the car down.

Thanks for all your help and if you want to add something about how illegal this is or any stories about it, feel free to post.

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
They are illegal if you turn them on while driving. You can use them while at a carshow or while parked. Also I suggest that you just get a strobe kit and wire it so you wont run into wiring problems. Here are the best kits that I used on my mustangs a few years back, also the police use these:

WHALEN is the brand name ...

http://www.strobesnmore.com/

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,255 Posts
The integrated fog lights in the pre-2002 headlights used 55W bulbs, but I ran 100W bulbs in mine for years with no problems (no burned wiring, no blown fuses). If you think you'd need more than 200W of power, then a relay would be the way to go.

- RODNEY

1 - 3 of 3 Posts