Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I was just reading on the forums on just how awesome these w124 mbs are, and consquiently I just wandered onto cars.com and happened to see a 1995 E300D with only 68,100 miles on it. I was wondering that are the major problems on this car including the wire harness deteriotion and the soot collection inside the engine (still iffy on this part because i totally don't know where it is getting gunked up) and the problem with the glow plugs and does this car get rusty at all. (my dad's 1999 C230 Kompressor is getting its fair share of rust slowly but surely)

The car is a beauty black on grey bumpers and black leather, and will be ( :bowdown: god willingly) my first car as an 18 year old :thumbsup:!!!

·
Registered
Depends on the week
3,726 Posts
Please fill out your profile completely. It will help a lot of the members on this forum describe any issues that may occur in a cars lifetime in your particular location. Who knows, a member on this forum might even be your next door neighbor and would be willing to help you out.

·
Registered
2000 e320 4matic
3,401 Posts
don't own one but i have seen a post about leaky fuel lines. use the search function.

·
Registered
'95 E300 DIESEL, '91 600SEL, '92 600SEL
17,085 Posts
I have a low miler '95 E300 DIESEL.

In short, it is a GREAT car IF you're willing to spend some money into it upfront AND you drive a LOT and FAR.

I bought mine with only 50K last year, put in at least $3K to fully recondition it head to toe and it runs better than new. Got 40MPG on one long distance run and about 800+ miles to a tank without the reserve light even coming on. No gasser of any make, even the hybrids, can match that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts