Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since I had my body kit removed (sold it), my car has died twice within a matter of 4-5 days. It is currently sitting in my garage because I am waiting for my new body kit to be prepped and painted (don't feel comfortable leaving it at my body shop because they have had a few break-ins). So basically, is this merely a coincidence? Or could something have been disconnected that is now draining the batter? When I look at the front, there are only the disconnected fog lamp wires hanging and the outside temp sensor, and in the rear, the radio antenna was also disconnected. Very strange...any help is much appreciated because I don't want the dealer saying that my new body kit is the cause of the drain or some other BS.<br> <br> thanks...Tim in OR

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'd assume that once the foglights are hooked back up you'll be fine. There's really no way to tell

until then.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
this would be just a guess but....

is the trunk light on? if they removed some body panels the trunk light pin switch may not be resting on a proper contact point hence..leaving the light on even when the trunk is closed. i suggest thinking along these lines and maybe you might find the source of the drain. i'd look at the doors and glove box too. the fog lights and temp sensor (the sensor hanging in the front) should have nothing to do with the drain or we'd all have this problem =)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts