Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006 S350;2016 GLC 300
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi. I need some help from someone. It will take less than five minutes of your time. I did the climate control flap test and I think I have a problem with some of my flaps/actuators. Both the passenger and driver side air vents (referenced as vent #4 in the diagram below) stay open for all A/C flaps tests - including flap tests #0 and #15. Would you mind performing flap test #0 and #15 ("LO" mode) in your car and tell me if your two #4 flaps (as shown in the diagram below) remain open (or if they close)?

Thanks. I appreciate it.

The instructions for performing the flap test are:

The Individual Flap Tests are run by idling the engine, pressing the left and right “AUTO” buttons,
setting temperatures to 72°, manually opening the fascia vents, and simultaneously pressing the
“Rest” and “Recirculate” buttons for more than five seconds. The first step: Left display “0” and right
display “LO” should appear. Pressing the left “AUTO” button changes the steps. Pressing the right
“AUTO” button varies the two modes “HI” and “LO” for each step.

·
Registered
W210 1997 E230
17 Posts
I am planning to do the same test. What is meant by "manually opening the fascia vents" and how is it done ? any chance of breaking the vents ?

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
36,690 Posts
The flaps on our W210s work well (knock on the wood), but I have been dealing with deteriorating diaphragms on W124.
The first thing I did was hooking up vacuum gauge to supply lane. When you have leaky actuator, or tubing, wholes system looses "power" = vacuum and goes to default what is defrost and side vents only.
The above procedure is for troubleshooting flaps operation, but does not check the system for leaks.
Bad news is, that even parts are not that expensive, redoing the system is about 20 hr job of taking dashboard apart.

·
Registered
1999 MB E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash 135K
242 Posts
I am planning to do the same test. What is meant by "manually opening the fascia vents" and how is it done ? any chance of breaking the vents ?
Same question here. What is meant by manually opening the fascia vents?

·
Registered
2006 S350;2016 GLC 300
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Turn knobs labeled #1 and #2 in the diagram referenced above. The knobs open and close the fascia vents. It does not have anything to do with the flaps that are also discussed. The flaps are deep in the dashboard and open/close based upon the direction you want the air to flow (eg. windshield, footwell, dashboard, etc).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts