Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1980 300D
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1980 300D

Got up this morning, started the car to let her warm up. Put the driver window down to clear the frost, went back in the house for a couple minutes and when I returned none of the windows or the temp gauge work (cold ride into work). Checked all the fuses (in fuse box) and they seem fine. Any suggestions????

Also looking for a wiring diagram for the hazard switch.

·
Registered
96 E300D
817 Posts
I had trouble with my windows and it was just corrosion on the fuse that couldn't be seen. I just rotated the fuse which knocked the corrsion off and they worked.

·
Registered
103 Posts
300K300D - 4/22/2005 4:59 PM

1980 300D

Got up this morning, started the car to let her warm up. Put the driver window down to clear the frost, went back in the house for a couple minutes and when I returned none of the windows or the temp gauge work (cold ride into work). Checked all the fuses (in fuse box) and they seem fine. Any suggestions????

Also looking for a wiring diagram for the hazard switch.
Not to hijack.. I'm also looking for a wiring diagram for the hazard switch. Some numbskull who owned my 240d before myself wired his radio into the + constant. Now if i hit it, a short is produced.

·
Registered
1980 300D
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It did wind up being a little corrosion. R&R the fuse and it works.

I'm also looking for a wiring diagram for the Hazard also. Whomever owned my car previously must have had issues and the plug must have broken. When I removed the switch all the wires were connected directly to the switch.

I've finally got the hazards to work, along with a buzzer and a flashing light in climate control unit that never worked before.

Problem is that the turn signals still don't work and the hazards only work when the key is in the acc position.

Any thoughts????

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi
i ve got a 85 300d.and i ve had the same problems.windows and turn signals wont workk.this is what i did..replace the hazard switch,there was a short in there.blows the fuse i believe it was #10 fuse..after i ve done that everything worked like champ.i hope this would help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts