Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having trouble with figuring out if I want to get the L Style kit from this website or just replace my broken rear bumper with an OEM AMG one. Any opinions on this?

This is the website, just click on W208 L Style to see the kit. NR Automobile Accessories: Mercedes Body Kits

Also, does anyone know what kind of wheels those are on that CLK. I LOVE them. They're pretty much exactly what I want for my car. And if no one knows what kind those are do you know of something similar to them?

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63 AMG Coupe
791 Posts
I'm having trouble with figuring out if I want to get the L Style kit from this website or just replace my broken rear bumper with an OEM AMG one. Any opinions on this?

This is the website, just click on W208 L Style to see the kit. NR Automobile Accessories: Mercedes Body Kits

Also, does anyone know what kind of wheels those are on that CLK. I LOVE them. They're pretty much exactly what I want for my car. And if no one knows what kind those are do you know of something similar to them?

Just had a look at the L kit.... mate, it looks great!!

Replacing the broken rear bumper would be alot cheaper judging by the prices of the L kit!
The AMG kit always looks great - contemplating getting it myself.

But if you're getting a little bored of your AMG kit and have the funds, then you should get the L kit .... there's nothing worse than thinking about doing something, not doing it, then regretting not doing it!

Not sure what wheels they are I'm afraid.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
w208
1,462 Posts

get that lorinser kit!

and the wheels on the red clk look like iforged flux to me...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick reply guys! I'm just worried that the Lorinser kit will cost a lot to install/not fit correctly. I dont' want to have to spend a bunch of money to get it to fit properly. I e-mailed the store and they said any body shop familiar with installing aftermarket bumpers should not have trouble. They also said it's one of the more popular kits they carry.

Man I really like it though!!

Aaaaarrggh, decisions decisions.

BTW D, you were right about the wheels. Thanks :D

·
Registered
1999 Silver CLK 320
36 Posts
hey that is also the kit that i was looking at buying. i had a thread up a few weeks ago about opinions on which kit to get. Since there are 2 of us we should try to get a group buy going lol?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm all for working out a group buy if we can get more people interested. I was just going to buy the front and rear bumper, not the skirts. I've been emailing the guy that owns it for awhile now so it wouldnt hurt to ask. We just need to see if enough people are interested.

BTW the price for just the bumpers, no skirts, was $1195.00 + shipping.

I bet we could work out some kind of discount if we can get enough people involved.

·
Registered
1999 Silver CLK 320
36 Posts
Yes, even if we could work something out like if people just want the front bumper or whatever because i was looking at the whole kit front, rear, sideskirts, fenders, and rear wing = $2345 + shipping

·
Registered
CLK 55 Cabrio (Cabs or nothing)
176 Posts
Any idea if the bumpers come with the bumper impact strips or do you use the ones off of your old bumpers?

I'm all for working out a group buy if we can get more people interested. I was just going to buy the front and rear bumper, not the skirts. I've been emailing the guy that owns it for awhile now so it wouldnt hurt to ask. We just need to see if enough people are interested.

BTW the price for just the bumpers, no skirts, was $1195.00 + shipping.

I bet we could work out some kind of discount if we can get enough people involved.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts