Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just trade in my 2001 Z3 3.0i roadster to CLK 430 two weeks ago. I am going to lower the car in order to improve the handling close to my other car, 99 540i 6s. Need advice from this board.<br> <br> (1) I went to local shop and get the price quote on the following items: H&R sport spring(1.3'/1.4'), Bilsten sport shock, Eibach sway bars for $1750 installed plus tax. How's the combination works? Is the price reasonable?<br> <br> (2) How's the H&R cup kit works? How much? Where to get? I do not wish to lower the car more than 1.5' in order to keep the comfort for ride.<br> <br> (3) How about the stage II kit by Evosport?<br> <br> (4) I am in North NJ area. Any good shop that you can recommend? <br> <br> Any info will be appreciated. Thanks.<br> <br> Kevin :)<br> <br>

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Let's see..

H&R sport spring - $250<br> Bilsten sport shock - $320 @ $80 each<br> Eibach sway bars for - ??<br> <br> So 1,750 is too steep. <br> <br> I know a guy in Little Ferry that will do your springs + shocks for $150 and he's really good. He only does MBs and BMWs. I'm in North Jersey as well so I can bring you there if you want.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Frank....

I got the price quote from Action Tires at Lodi. Otherthan the pricing, how do you think about the combination for suspention upgrade? <br> <br> Did you know anyone with the Evosport stage II kit? <br> <br> If the guy you knows at Little Ferry has lots experience by lowering the CLK430 will be great. I would love to have you take me there.<br> <br> Kevin :)<br>

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Action Tires...(rip off)....

The shop I know is close to Action Tire.<br> <br> The H&R/Bilstein combo is great. It's a bit harsher though but with stock pads, you should be fine.<br> <br> Shoot me an email and we can plan when you want it done.<br> <br> [email protected]

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Action Tires...(rip off)....

Yep, I noticed that action tires are asking for more money. That's why I check with you guys on the board. <br> <br> Do you think the H&R/Bilstein combo is harsher(compare to stock)? How about Eibach pro kit with BIlstein shocks? What other choice will you recommend? I knew mose BMW e39ers love the H7R/Bilstein combo. BTW, do you know where I can get the parts at fair prices? I would like to get the Eibach sways bars, too.<br> <br> I will definitely e-mail you when I am ready. <br> <br> Kevin :)<br> <br> <br>

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One more question!

What do you mean by 'stock pads'? Is that the pads that on the top of the spring? I heard that the 430 has them set at 5(the highest) and I should get them at 2 or 3(what CLK55 has) when I lower my car. Is that true?<br> <br> Kevin :)<br>

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is harsher than stock. Eibach is softer but I don't like..

how it drops the car. Rear is higher than the front.<br> <br> TireRack.com carries H&R and Eibach springs for around $250 Contact [email protected] He also has the Sway bars.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yup pads on top of the spring. Not sure if the 5 pt. pad..

is the stock one as it varies from year to year. The difference between each pad is 4mm, not really that much.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Yup pads on top of the spring. Not sure if the 5 pt. pad..

How about the Bilstein shocks? Any good place to buy? I will check with Luck @ tirerack for the H&R springs and Eibach sway bars. I probably will also get a set of 18' AMG monoblock II rims with S-03 tires from tirerack(or the Carlson 1/5 rims).<br> <br> Did you lower yours? Maybe I can ride in yours before lowerred mine.<br> <br> Thanks again!<br> <br> Kevin :)<br>

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
for the pads...

Should I change the pads when I lower the whole suspention? If I get the pads from the dealer, should I ask for the CLK55 pads?<br> <br> Kevin :)<br>

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Shocks..

You can try AutoWerksExpress.com.<br> <br> Sure you can ride in mine. I have the H&R Cup Kit. They don't make it for the 430 though.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Depends how much you want to lower your car...

There is no specific CLK 55 pad. We use the pads that come from the E class and others.<br> <br> 210 321 0184 5mm<br> 210 321 0284 9mm<br> 210 321 0384 13mm<br> 210 321 0484 17mm<br> 210 321 0585 21mm <br> <br> The first one (5mm), I'm not sure if that's the right one since Linh used the 5mm pad from the SLK.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice ride...........

Hey may I know the main difference between H&R Cup Kit and H&R spring? Btw, you car looks really low and nice. :)

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
H&R Cup kit is matched springs and dampers, H&R Springs are just springs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts