Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I have a 92 300e approximately 230k on the car. I have recently had the belt tensioner and the motor mounts replaced within the last month. Car had been running fine although it was a little harder ( two cranks) to start the car in the morning. Started the car yesterday and ran fine. This morning, after a very cold and wet Arizona night, the car will not start. It turns over, but fails to start. Took battery to Autozone, they said battery was bad. Replaced but still nonstart. It turns over fine....but fails to "catch" or start. Any ideas where to start?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Cap, rotor, coil, and wires would be my first suspect. There is no real "seal" from cap to motor so buildup in there happens fast. Of course a weak coil and bad wires can do all of that. Moisture from sitting all night and bam no start. I would make sure youre fuel pump is purring along for the pressure buildup before you actually blast it to turn over and make sure youre ignition components are good to go and go from there.

Good Luck

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Get a can of starting fluid. Spray it into the throttle. If it starts its a fuel issue, if it doesnt start its a ignition problem.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update:

Replace the spark plugs and the fuel filter. The fuel pump seems to working fine. The car now starts up, although it's a rough start. Also, the rpms seem to be high at idle.

Any other ideas?

Thanks for the previous responses!

·
Registered
319 Posts
true, you can check the lightshow at night. or if you have good ears you can sometimes even hear the sparks jumping from the ignition cables

1 - 7 of 7 Posts