1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1980 230G Cab 4spd
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Anybody have a reasonably priced source for a convertible top
and frame for a 1980 230G? The fellow on clubgwagen.com fell through and I'm still shopping...any suggestions?
thanks
George

·
Registered
1984 280GE Cabrio
258 Posts
I would be willing to sell mine. I have a folding type top coming in from Germany. Contact me by email. Hope you are willing to wait a couple of weeks until I recieve the other top and verify its condition.

·
Registered
G 350 cab - X G 280 Cab - 911's
76 Posts
Did you order it from these guys http://www.cabrio.de/navi2.htm

I'm planning on driving down there and have them installing a new one for me - they seem to have fair prices and a good variety of colors

·
Registered
406/280GE/240GD/G320
925 Posts
RE: I have one for you...

I have a frame and a top that I don't need anymore from my 79 240GD cabrio. The frame is excellent, the top is in good shape but needs to have a zipper repaired on the rear rollup window (over the tailgate) Otherwise it is pretty decent with no rips or tears in it.

I have gone to just using the bikini top for the most part now.

email me offline to discuss: [email protected]

·
Registered
1985 300GD LWB 5 Speed
1,079 Posts
SteveD,

Travis at Europa has most of the parts, or can get them for you. If the top is in good repair it should include most items, assuming your G has had a soft top before. The little loops along the top of the body edge, and the cable tightening mechanism are important items.

·
Registered
1984 280GE Cabrio
258 Posts
George
Sorry I have not emailed you. I will have the new top next Monday or Tuesday. I am a little apprehensive about selling my old one until I have the new one! I am hoping for the best. I know the small parts will kill me cost wise. The "new" top is supposed to have all the bits, but I am doubtful. Only time will tell! Thanks to Captain Spalding for taking and sending me many photos of the newer type top. They will be invaluable in installing and buying parts.

·
Registered
1980 250GD Cabrio
228 Posts
I may be able to find a frame for you. What is your price range?

·
Registered
1991 300GE RENNtech 3.6 liter
67 Posts
RE: I have one for you...

I have a frame and a top that I don't need anymore from my 79 240GD cabrio. The frame is excellent, the top is in good shape but needs to have a zipper repaired on the rear rollup window (over the tailgate) Otherwise it is pretty decent with no rips or tears in it.

I have gone to just using the bikini top for the most part now.

email me offline to discuss: [email protected]
Hey Mike its been a minute! I need a foldable frame and top for my 1991 w463 cabriolet
Doesn't have to be power of course any help appreciated!
Ira 914 484 1741

1 - 12 of 12 Posts