Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1989 280 GE SWB; 2005 ML350; GMC 3/4 ton 4x4; 1971 VW Karmann Ghia; 1966 VW Manx
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having searched and scoured many, many threads, I have now designed a front winch mount for my 1989 280ge swb, c/w front tow-pin bumper. The intent is to utilize a 2" receiver mount so I can (a) remove the winch from the front and utilize it in the rear; and (b) move the winch to another vehicle. I am going to purchase the new Warn rock-crawling winch (9000lbs) as it only weighs 54lbs and place it on a multi-mount carrier. The attached pdf shows the winch mount I designed based upon the Rotzler mount. I plan on utilizing 1/4" steel and finishing it with truck box liner. Any comments and/or suggested changes from the voices of experience would be greatly appreciated. Gotta get this thing done so I can go spring bear hunting in the wilds of northern Alberta next week ---- its gonna be muddy! Thanks all, regards....Arthur

Attachments

·
Registered
1982 300GD Turbo
132 Posts
Arthur,
Can the receiver portion slide back over the bumper? That would get the winch mount closer to the vehicle and negate the need for big gussets. Are you going to make this semi-permanent or temporary. If temporary, I would suggest getting rid of the bolts and using pins with retainer clips sort of like hitch pins.
Steve

1 - 2 of 2 Posts