Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't own a C32, but a co-worker of mine recently got one and it is very nice. The huge brakes on the front of it have me thinking of using the rear caliper for another car.

I have a 93 Mazda RX-7 and I am trying to find a decent rear brake caliper to balance out some big brakes I have up front. I would really appreciate it if anyone that knows this information would be willing to share it with me...

Here's what I need to know about the rear brakes:

- What are the dimensions of the rear rotors on the C32? I am mainly interested in the rotor thickness.

- What is the piston size of the rear caliper? I just need the piston bore size.

- Does it have a cable-operated emergency brake that works with the caliper (as opposed to a separate drum brake in the rotor hat)?

I know it won't bolt right up, but I'm going to have to fab some caliper brackets anyway and I'd like to find a caliper that has a large enough piston and an integrated parking brake rather than use a small 4-piston caliper with no parking brake.

Sorry to invade your forum, but I am an enthusiast too and I was hoping someone would know the details of the C32's big, beautiful brakes. And if you know of another caliper that might work, I am all ears.

Thank you,
Max Cooper

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I looked today and the parking brake does not connect to the caliper, so it doesn't fit my...

I looked today and the parking brake does not connect to the caliper, so it doesn't fit my needs. It looks like a nice two-piston fixed caliper, though.

·
Registered
2002 C32
7 Posts
FRont Cross Drilled rotors

A shop was telling me the other days to prepare tpo replace rotors with each front brake job. Is this true? Don't get me wrong. The car is fantastic as are the Brakes. I was just curious if this statement about the rotors is true. My best friend has a M3 2002. I feel that all around the C32 is the superior vehicle. I hate their noisy gearbox. ( non- SMG )

1 - 3 of 3 Posts