Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 C36
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to build this car for a customer. He wants the car exactly shown in the pic attached. He wants the white one in the bottem corner. I need to find one of these or get everything i need to build one. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
Tribute 500SEC AMG Widebody
6,242 Posts
Hey Mark, well you're in for quite a task if your customer is in search of a full blown AMG SEL.. Complete, well kept, properly kitted w126 AMG vehicles are far and few between. There was a beauty that recently sold here but very rarely. I own well option SEL that took years to stubble across. The parts that make up these AMG vehicles is really an open ended question. How far does your client want to take it? Merely cosmetic? The white example could be as little as an AMG appearance package with AMG Five spoke wheels. AMG offered an array of options including performance upgrades, interior, paint, etc. The parts are quite difficult to locate as well. Most are secondhand and will require some refurbishing. Myself and a few others have a few bits that will get you started. Feel free to email at: 48hp(at)earthlink(dot)net

·
Mercedes
9,049 Posts
Another Necro-thread newbie post:p

·
Registered
1985 500SL - 2002 SL500 Silver Arrow Edition
391 Posts
I know of a real deal car that's in excellent mechanical shape but needs a complete respray and some body work, but its black with a beige interior. It has the staggered pentas and the body kit just like in the photos, along with the engine treatment.

Its been mostly sitting for a few years and is a two owner car. I've been trying to convince him to either bring the car back or sell it, rather than let it deteriorate. It had not been started in 6-8 months last time I was out there, and after a jump it fired on the first crank. What kind of budget did you have in mind?

A few photos:

·
Premium Member
Tribute 500SEC AMG Widebody
6,242 Posts
I know of a real deal car that's in excellent mechanical shape but needs a complete respray and some body work, but its black with a beige interior. It has the staggered pentas and the body kit just like in the photos, along with the engine treatment.

Its been mostly sitting for a few years and is a two owner car. I've been trying to convince him to either bring the car back or sell it, rather than let it deteriorate. It had not been started in 6-8 months last time I was out there, and after a jump it fired on the first crank. What kind of budget did you have in mind?

A few photos:

Doesn't that belong to one of the MBCA regional members? Better photos, more details.:thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.