Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1997 e420 sport, 2001 e430
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went to town fair tire for 4 wheel alignment because of drift to the right. Printout was as follows camber
Lfront -1.3 rfront -.6 degrees
Lf caster 6.0 rf 5.4 degrees
Lf toe .09 rf .08 degrees
Steer ahead 0.0
Lrear camber -1.6 rr -1.5
Lr toe .27 rr .25 degrees
Thrust angle 0.01 degrees

Car still drifts right. Does anybody know the acceptable ranges? According to them its all green. Camber looks pretty off to me, but they said it was slight and they need special bolts to adjust this. Wondering if they have right values, also the fact that it was a sport seemed to make a difference to them, dont know why? Have 90 day waranty on alignment.they will fix it if they were wrong. Ive seen several different specs online.

·
Registered
1999 E55, 2001 E320, 1990 560 SEC, 2004 ML350, 2001 ML55, 1995 S500, 1998 SL500, 2010 E550 Sport zoo
7,035 Posts
Personally, I have "rarely" (and I mean rarely) seen a non-MB shop get a alignment on a W210 right.. just a word to the wise.

We can juggle #'s all we want - but the proof is in the pudding - drifted right, got alinged, still drifts right.. and you want to go back again ?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alignment doesnt adjust camber. Need camber bolts for that. Thats why i would like to know what the acceptable ranges are. And yea if they got the numbers wrong and i can give them the correct ones , i will let them correct it for free. Sorry, but not a helpful reply.

·
Registered
2001 E430 4matic
419 Posts
I see your problem and although I do not have the specs for you but the rule of tumb is +/- 1 degree max, from one side to another side on camber / caster and toe's. So if you have the print out, compare camber for one side i.e. front to left camber ...

How are your ball joints by the way, have you checked them throughly for play?

If you have the print out, post all the values as appears on the print out and I will take a look at it for you.

·
Registered
2001 E430 4matic
419 Posts
I apologize, the first quick look I thought that you have only posted left front and rear values.

Yes I am agree with you that your right camber is off. Although the rule of thumb is +/- 1 degree differences max but doesn't looks like that it works. I personally like to see within less than .5 degree max.

How are your tire pressures/tickness (differences from left to right) have you checked them? Just in case ...

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea tire pressure is fine. the left front tire has very slight play in it, possibly wheel bearing. do you or anyone else have any experience with camber/caster bolts for the front. price, labor. the more I see about this, the worse the front camber looks. i dont know how it got so off. would really like to tone down the drift to the right.

·
Registered
2001 E430 4matic
419 Posts
I have not done this on the Mercedes but the other cars, you could just loosen the bolt and turn it to adjust the camber. The other cars that I had to adjust the cambers was due to accidents and sometimes it was major problem by itself ...

Go to the dealer and save yourself tons of aggravations.

Take care.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts